ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silver Mk2 Ph1 - updates & new ideas

Grande 1.2
Hey guys, Its been a very long time since I last updated anything on my car, in all honesty I've been busy with Uni work, and simply not had the time to do anything but drive the car.

You may remember hating this car :rasp: I'll admit, it went through some bad stages (which I thought looked cool at the time)

I'm still quite a noob with my car in all honesty, but I'm happy with how it looks now. Here's a quick update.

It started like this
DSC00931.jpg

I was 18, and my friend who had just passed through the 'boy racer' stage, pretty much gave me some of his mods, including the lights, and exhaust you can see here - he also gave me some decent 6x9 speakers - which I still have in the car now.

2RearLEDs.jpg

8JBL6x9s.jpg

dont worry, the exhaust fell off :rofl:
Just when the haters had thought they had seen enough, I got these :cool: (cringe* at the petrol station pic)

4sofarr.jpg

I then lowered the monster truck by 40 mil - which I wish now, I had done with coilovers. But this was done on a part time job's budget.

I finished it off with some clear indicators, and light smoke tints - as I wanted the tints to be subtle.

4Clearindicators.jpg

It went through some more awful stages, including STICKERS :dead: angel-eyes, and carbon. I'll leave it at that.

Then I joined ClioSport and saw how the pro's were doing it.

I then colour coded.
16Wingmirrorcolourcoded.jpg

15Bootlockcolourcoded.jpg

14Handlessidebumpscolourcoded.jpg

I also got myself some 172 wheels, and Ph2 rear lights, and a spoiler.
IMAG0763.jpg

IMAG0204-1.jpg

Next, I bought some Dual Optics, and fog lights from here,

IMAG0935.jpg

IMAG0933.jpg

IMAG0944_zpsdab0402f.jpg

Finally, I wired up an aux cable for my Ipod.

IMAG0924.jpg

IMAG0923.jpg

Thats pretty much my car upto date. my plans now are:

- work on the interior, as bits of it are getting shabby. perhaps replacing the seats & carpets
- to find some 172 suede seats.
- colour the badges anthrite, black or carbon wrap
- paint callipers, and drums.
- try and subtly bring some yellow to the car (perhaps wheel badges etc. small subtle things)

I know the silver and yellow combo has been done before, over and over again, but I really like it. I want to keep the yellow subtle, so I wont be doing anything drastic, like spraying yellow stripes, or colouring my wheels yellow!

One thing I do like the look of - which some people probably wont like, Are yellow callipers. so I went to halfords yesterday and got my self a Tin of yellow calliper paint. I managed to get both of them painted today. I'm pretty happy with how they have turned out.

IMAG1217_zps975406ab.jpg

IMAG1218_zps1ed281ff.jpg

IMAG1219_zps1d873e4a.jpg

IMAG1220_zps27324966.jpg

IMAG1221_zpsd648b06a.jpg

IMAG1222_zpsf4bb5cd5.jpg

IMAG1223_zpsdb8cacea.jpg

IMAG1224_zps782b31ad.jpg

Im quite happy with how they look, most people dislike paiting standard callipers, But I wanted to give it a go, It was quite difficult painting them whilst they were still on the car, but like I said, Im quite a noob, so I didn't want to attempt removing them, and f**king some s**t up :dead: