ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Simota Carbon Fibre Aeroform for 182 ?

Don't bother.

Used to have one when I had my 182. Felt massively down on power and was a total coont to fit. Never got it fitted perfectly either. Did make an immense amount of noise though.

1.8 Civic EX
I have one. Sound is awesome but has made no change at all (positive or negative) perfomance wise that I've noticed however it did make me 1 extra bhp on the rolling road lol

320d
I'm sure somebody got bad rr results after fitting one of these. If its just noise you want may as well get an open cone. An espace V6 airbox with silicone bend will provide both extra noise and increased responce. This seems to be the best IK setup.

ex 182, now Evo IV
Oh I thought everyone that had a Clio sport it was the must have air filter :( still want one though tbh makes engine bay look tidy.
Can anyone recommend another good one then?
Thanks

RS RIP
The filter Simota sells for the Clio RS is actually for a BMW 3 series... not that this should matter maybe, but it's def no filter dedicated to the RS

The best induction will only get you max of 3bhp if that? Which you wont notice at all. Get a Simota if it doesn't effect the BHP, the sound is worth it! Ive seen the vids on youtube and it sounds amazing, must sound even bettter in real life. I have a GSR induction for my C2 and it sounds very similar, i LOVE the noise ;)

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Jms induction setup?
Or cheap as chips, remove the acoustic valve and side pipe from airbox and get a k&n, itg, green etc air filter and keep an eye out in the for sale section for a second hand silicon elbow!

RS RIP
*** reply to Slinkey***

I've had one and i could'nt get rid of it soon enough..

Tied a LOT of intake setups and this was the worse. The noise was incredible yep, i was ashamed to touch my throttle pedal every time when overtaking etc.

The V6/JMS setup worked just right in my case (mapped though!)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
franx it was the other way round. The filter was designed for the Clio and then adapted to the 3 series and the M3. Its still w**k though!

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Oh I thought everyone that had a Clio sport it was the must have air filter :( still want one though tbh makes engine bay look tidy.
Can anyone recommend another good one then?
Thanks

V6 airbox with JMS fitting kit. Small Varley Red Top battery. Job done.

*** reply to Slinkey***

I've had one and i could'nt get rid of it soon enough..

Tied a LOT of intake setups and this was the worse. The noise was incredible yep, i was ashamed to touch my throttle pedal every time when overtaking etc.

The V6/JMS setup worked just right in my case (mapped though!)

Oh really? it zapped that much power out of it?

RS RIP
^^ yep

very noticable powerloss. BUT !! maybe when mapped to suit ; it would come out better

ex 182, now Evo IV
thanks for the replys guys well im heading towards the jms one now as you seem to have put me off :(
although the simota videos do sound incredible!

anyone wanna sell me one then?;)