ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Simple Low Cost mods to make clio better

Anyone know of any really effective low cost mods to make a Mk1 Clio look better ?

Exterior or Interior. I do not mind!

Clean and Polish just done ;)

Phase 2 grille where would i get one from ? Local scrappy charges almost double renault prices (dik hed) lol

How much from renault ?

Skoda Fabia vRS

Mike Wright can sell you a phase 2 grille delivered for £25 !

bought one myself

ive also got a Euro Car Parts spoiler (ASD Tuning one)......that was £90 delivered with brake light, looks good

also you could get the phase 2 boot strip and get some phase 2 rear light clusters, effectively de-badging your car.....heres a pic of mine (my clusters are tinted)

http://www.mbrunskill.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bk3.jpg

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Ive seen ur motor b4 BRUN & i really like it but why the white petrol cap?

Would be an awsome shell for a GTT conversion too. ;):devilish:

Skoda Fabia vRS

its havin a GTT conversion mate, already bought the donor car.....

its not white its silver, a Dimma cap.....no idea why it looks white on the picture

Mike only sells pre primed ones. I have black bumpers so painting it would look a bit odd.

Already got an "Auto Spoiler" Spoiler on me car :)

Already got Phase 2 bootstrip

but havent got Phase 2 clusters.

Cant get original clusters to sit in straight never mind New ones! lol.

Was thinking maybe a mesh grille but not too sure on how it would look. And i dunno where to get the mesh from at very low cost.

Already got some mesh but i dont think itll be big enough to make a grille out of.

Brun, where can I get one these grills from for 25 quid? Is there a website/contact number for these? Do I need any special clips to fit them to may phase 1? Sorry about all the questions but have wanted one of these for a while and never got round to sorting one.

The cheapest (and best IMHO) way of doing up a base car is to chuck all the bits from higher spec/later models.

You may like aftermarket wheels for example, but the 16v ones cant fail to look good and are cheaper...same goes for spoliers, exterior and interior.

Quite cheap if youre prepared to take your time and have cash at the right moment. There are always a few crashed 16vs every year advertised on this forum.

Id wait and do the bigger things.. you get much more enjoyment then - waiting and then doing - Ive done things "just to mod" in the past, and Ive wished I hadnt...

Daz.

Already got alloys, Already got 16v Interior, Already got ICE, Already got a spoiler.

Mesh grille sounds a bit boy racerish now so i dont think ill bother.

Anyway my driver seat is fooked so im probably gona have to get another

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Ill hav some phase 2 16v alloys with 195, 50, 15 not great tyres (but u could fit urs) available in a few weeks if ur interested mate; as i know ur in Manchester. Look better than the Fox wheels IMO. PM me if interested, Mikey.

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by damianshaker on 07 May 2003

Brun, where can I get one these grills from for 25 quid? Is there a website/contact number for these? Do I need any special clips to fit them to may phase 1? Sorry about all the questions but have wanted one of these for a while and never got round to sorting one.
pm Mike Wright, mine arrived today !