ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Simplest TV

Skoda Fabia vRS
My grandad is really struggling with his Sky TV, his memory is going and sometimes he just can't work it. I'm wondering what our options are, a new TV with built in freeview would be good, but is their anything else available that we should consider ?

Changing av inputs is probably too complicated so I'm not sure he can deal with an additional box unless the TV can be set to come onto that input by default.

Any particular brands of TV easier to navigate than others ?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Sky has one of the simplest interfaces in my opinion. Tivo is terrible, so don't go for that.

Sky is nothing compared to freeview though. Could easily see why an older person would find it confusing.

A tv with free view is literally button one for bbc1, button two for bbc2 etc

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Sky isn't simple or initiative. For example, if I press "TV Guide" on my remote, it doesn't open the TV guide. It opens a menu where I then have to select TV guide, again.
I prefer TiVo, however both platforms interfaces are crap in the grand scheme of things.