ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

site users

Status
Not open for further replies.
a lot of people on here ruin it for others by slating peoples opinions etc. theres a very elite group of people on cs and i for one cant stand the lack of respect for other peoples interests; if you have opinions, keep them constructive. users like myself are looking for help and advice and get abuse for not doing things as the majority do, or "should do"

as for the rest who did try and help with my previous thread. thank you.

:)

basically you made the cardinal sin of posting something the sheep on CS don't like, CS is like a collective mind, with one supermind rulling over the minions... you need to kill the brain and the rest will fall ;)

Clio 1.2 16v
a lot of people on here ruin it for others by slating peoples opinions etc. theres a very elite group of people on cs and i for one cant stand the lack of respect for other peoples interests; if you have opinions, keep them constructive. users like myself are looking for help and advice and get abuse for not doing things as the majority do, or "should do"

as for the rest who did try and help with my previous thread. thank you.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRING

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
:)

basically you made the cardinal sin of posting something the sheep on CS don't like, CS is like a collective mind, with one supermind rulling over the minions... you need to kill the brain and the rest will fall ;)

Just like starship troopers:) I liked the bird in that, she was fit.

Clio 1.2 16v
tissuecnddesignres3wz1.jpg

Have a tissue, for your issue

If fairness to the lad and piss taking aside, he does make a very valid point. You can almost group together certain individuals into their own separate cliques. With their being more than one the system almost has it's own hierarchy (sp?) of cliques forming one super clique, by which time if there's a bandwagon and you've not jumped, then you are mercilessly slandered to the point that slashing up to Celine Dion records in the bath becomes a viable option.

Clio 1.2 16v
If fairness to the lad and piss taking aside, he does make a very valid point. You can almost group together certain individuals into their own separate cliques. With their being more than one the system almost has it's own hierarchy (sp?) of cliques forming one super clique, by which time if there's a bandwagon and you've not jumped, then you are mercilessly slandered to the point that slashing up to Celine Dion records in the bath becomes a viable option.

True... i've jumped unfortunately

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=292917

demon - have a read. . .

I don't know why people get offended so easily?
The crux of the matter :approve:.

As somebody who's been here on the longer side of things, the whole idea of getting upset by anything somebody says on here to me remains totally alien!

Yes, you need to have rules against hatred based on race or sexual orientation or religion, and serious p**n and sick stuff shouldn't be tolerated, and you need some control on trading on the forum, but that's about it. I, for one, am not a fan of the whole infraction rubbish ... and indeed it was that sort of thing that drove me away from CS for around a year, until the recent changes to admin and mods. Infractions smack of being at school, with the whole "he called me a name" playground rubbish. As per the above, somebody called you a name, so what, it's a freaking forum with faceless people behind keyboards! Similarly over zealous moderating just results in a them and us ... pupils / teachers mentality!

Anyhow, regarding the whole welcome to n00bs thing, I personally think it's all about give and take. I believe in being friendly and helpful, but I do expect some investment from the new member to show willing too. That investment is introducing themselves, and also not simply leaping straight into asking a basic question without first searching the site and reading FAQs (tho' I know we've not really got any on here). Invest in a bit of foreplay, and then we can go all the way ;).

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
there are 3 groups of peopple on CS , the clique... the ones that all think that all clios should look the same , ie low, with turinis etc.

the group that dont think that but stick around despite being flamed for it

and the ones that get upset because the clique upset them.. they tend to last for about 5 mins

I guess that puts me in the middle. fair play to anyone who tries to make their Clio look a little bit individual or different. The whole car scene has been based on trying different things. If we all wanted to drive around in the same type of car we'd all still be driving around in Ford Model Ts. Thank God we have all pushed the boundaries and asked for changes to the types of cars we drive.

I stopped worrying about what people thought about my car some time ago as I bought it for me to enjoy, not because I wanted to fit in with thye crowd on here. I belong to this forum because I enjoy meeting like minded enthusiasts and sharing information and expertise on running and modifying aspects of my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.