ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ski trip... should i bother with my 55-200?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
taking the 18-55... as it is relatively small and should fit fine in my backpack on the slopes... but thought maybe i could do without the 55-200? hmmm... i may just pack it in my bag anyway and see how i get on tbh...

thoughts?

Thats a big lens for an iPhone.

I'll put it in photography for you ;)

Just stick the other lens in your bag dude..

BMW E46 330i Touring
After one day on the slopes lugging around a large camera in a cumbersome backpack, you'll want the smallest camera possible!

Cupra
I took my 40D, 70-200, 12-24 and 24-105 out for a day on my back on my board without a problem.

I would say that it is 100% dependant on your bag. Mine has very thick straps, solid back support and good waist straps so I really did not have any troubles with it. Chair lifts are a pain though as you are pushed right to the edge.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i have skied for the last 4 years with a camelbak and rucksack with various crap in it like extra layers etc. i think the only issue will be the ''value'' of the camera in the rucksack tbh. will be more concerned with that in a stack.

Cupra
board + crash = slide on your bum, no damage to backpack

skiis + crash = somebody hit a landmine! Bits fly everywhere!

I can see why you would worry... give it enough padding and it should be fine. Do you have a camera backpack or are you just sticking your camera bag in your backpack?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Fair enough, last year was my first with a backpack (always relied on the old man before) and it did my head in. I think it was more just the feeling of it being there all day long when I only spent about 30 minutes max actually taking pictures!

RB Clio 182
i just came back from skiing and i took my DSLR. I only ended up taking out one day, as there is always that thought in your mind that if you stack it, you could smash the camera up.
But on the other hand you can get some cracking pics on a clear day, so i was glad i took it out even if it was once.