ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Skoda splitter disaster

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Isn't it common knowledge that your meant to cut the Skoda splitter down so it fits properly?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
No you dont, you take the arch liner off...

I'm pretty sure that instead of that you just cut it down. I could be wrong. Either way it is his own fault.

And I'm pretty sure that it would be cheaper to buy a second hand RS bumper.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
lol at this. theres a guide on here and everything. Why would you remove screws and expect it to be ok?! Almost everyone just cuts notches into the splitter to go 'around' the screws.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
lol at this. theres a guide on here and everything. Why would you remove screws and expect it to be ok?! Almost everyone just cuts notches into the splitter to go 'around' the screws.

We're not dealing with 'almost everyone' though. This is Jordi. A guy that promotes domestic violence and is possibly dumber than a carrot.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Whyeveryone hate jordi, whats he done?

Bad luck though mate, could be worse so dont worry to much

Megane 225 F1
He annoys people in Football chat (I think, I don't enter the fag zone) therefore he's a r****d in life (probably is tbh)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
That and telling someone who had a 7 year old 182 on 50,000 that had never had its cambelt done that, 'he shouldn't really worry about it because it's only done 50,000 so the belt should be alright for another 20,000.' Muppet.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
The level of retardation is high in the OP. It's the easiest thing to fit the splitter, couldn't imagine anyone doing it wrong, until now of course.

RB One Eight Two
I still haven't fixed mine mate since hitting a hare, my wheel arch liner is split and currently stitched with cable ties, also got a cracked splitter and a cable tied under tray. FML. This was all because I hit a hare.

F56 MINI Cooper S
I still haven't fixed mine mate since hitting a hare, my wheel arch liner is split and currently stitched with cable ties, also got a cracked splitter and a cable tied under tray. FML. This was all because I hit a hare.

Hi matey. Been quoted £42 plus Vat for the plastic wheel arch liner from Renault. Plus £100 for the bumper to be fixed, so about £150 in total which is a nightmare really.

Did you get quoted on the damage you did on yours? is it cracked like mine?

Oh and also, came back from Tesco Saturday, and come cnut has smashed my door mirror, so its smashed the glass on it. I need a new door mirror glass costing me £20 plus VAT quoted from Renault. Pissed me off coming back to that a day after this with the bumper happend!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hi matey. Been quoted £42 plus Vat for the plastic wheel arch liner from Renault. Plus £100 for the bumper to be fixed, so about £150 in total which is a nightmare really.

How is it being fixed? Is it being welded? If its just fibre glassed and fillered it will crack again as the bumpers are very flexible.

I don't know why i'm wasting my breath, you won't listen.

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
I personally wouldn't pay £100 to repair a bumper which will only break again! I'd buy another one off eBay/here if poss.

Mk1 16v brooklands
Arch liners tend to break easy on these things I've found out! Never mind
im sure you'll get it sorted. Without too much trouble. :)

RB One Eight Two

Oh and also, came back from Tesco Saturday, and come cnut has smashed my door mirror, so its smashed the glass on it. I need a new door mirror glass costing me £20 plus VAT quoted from Renault. Pissed me off coming back to that a day after this with the bumper happend!

Luckily it hasn't done that much damage to the bumper itself. There is a small crack on the bottom part of the bumper underneath the lower front grill but apart from that its all the plastics which have been ruined. going to cost £200 for all the parts, which i can't afford at the moment hence it not being fixed yet. So at the moment it is not a very mint looking Racing Blue unfortunately which sucks. I will get round to getting it sorted once i have some spare dollar.

LY 200
Good stuff chap, you got yourself a real car now!

I am indeed mate. Massive mistake trying the Fiesta but you live and you learn.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
i had a similar thing happen to mine a couple of weeks ago...mind you that was because i merked a fox

Lol. You merked a fox. Poor thing. Animals do some damage to cars. My mate hit a pidgeon before. Completely trashed his bonnet.

Hope you manage to sort it though jordi. As others recommend, get another bumper rather than repairing it, it will only crack again

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
My old college tutor hit a deer and it wrote off his 3week old 3series!!