ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Freesat

172 Silver Cup
I have had sky HD now for about 2 years but enough is enough. I have had 4 different boxes and no end of trouble so decided after Christmas I am not going to keep paying them £50/month. I can't get cable in my area. So I am thinking sky freesat or normal. I understand I can keep my box (for what it's worth) and continue to watch free to air channels, what about the HD ones? Not sure if sky incrypt them as they offer a hd service? How about recording? Can I still use my box or do I have to pay a subscription for that? One last question, the only thing I will miss is the sports, can I subscribe to these when I want too? If so what cost? Cheers anyone that can help.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
With sky freesat, you cant use the record or playback on the +box. The variety of channels is pap, 100's of channels with crap on them. Not sure on sports channels, but some of the normal free view channels aren't available such as DAVE and DAVE JA VU...
Not sure about the HD bit, sure someone will clarify that.

Ktec'd 1.2 16v Sport
Allowing that your dish is pointing at 28.2 you should pick up these channels...http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skyuk.html
just anything with a
f.gif
is free, by time you take out radion and foriegn news etc. there isn't a lot
you can get a card for the free channels on sky but it'll cost ya about £30.

You'll get free channels (not many)

You can still record.

If you want to watch any sport/movies, then you'll have to re-activate your package.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
You'll get free channels (not many)

You can still record.

If you want to watch any sport/movies, then you'll have to re-activate your package.

on the sky+ box i had, once i put the freesat card in, the ability to record or watch pre-recorded programmes went totally. Came up with the message box saying you need to upgrade your package to view etc.