ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sky is s**t

Rav4
It's raining.

Channels 1 to 4 are ok, no problems, stuff like E4 and so on, you just can't see shite, flickers and is just rubbish!!!

Anyone else have this?

No.

Sky is the best thing ever.

Only when it's REALLY hammering down.. it has to be pretty bad though..

172 Cup
Mine tends to suffer in REALLY high winds but it's fine in all weather apart from that.

Sounds like the dish isn't aligned properly or the LNB is fcuked.

Rav4
Re: sky is s**t

Do I just call the monkeys to come out?

Last time, had to wait ages, and some strange people fitted the dish.

It's still on there, it's on the chimney.

So annoying.

Can't wait to replace my pioneer plasma with a FULL HD version and get sky HD.

vers le haut doigt milieu
Its my fault, I have been spending too much time on here saying sorry rather then working today. Rain will effect ur service as radiation cannot pass through water, as for wind gusts can cuse the dish to flex and lose its line of site to the satellite. Thats the problem with sky tbh. You will lose certian channels before other ones due to transponder beams. However here is a way to check ur LNBS.

Answer yes or no to these questions:

1) Can you see Channel Wonderful?
2) Can you see the Audi Channel?
3) Can you see Ben TV?
4) Can you see JML Choice?

This will check all 4 LNBS.

Let me know your answers.

Bash.

P.s I can confirm everything is ok.

172 cup
Sky+ is a must have.. I do however suffer from the occasional blip in reception, usualy half way through a film or something I have recorded. On the whole I can't knock it. Though I would have gone for cable if it had been on my road. Instant on demand and upto 50meg broadband.

Scirocco GT 2.0

Sky+ is a must have.. I do however suffer from the occasional blip in reception, usualy half way through a film or something I have recorded. On the whole I can't knock it. Though I would have gone for cable if it had been on my road. Instant on demand and upto 50meg broadband.

Yeah I think it is about time Virgin coughed up some cash and dug some more roads up tbh

Although some councils are to blame..

E30 318iS x2
Used to get that with ours, dish was like 7 years old when I bought my HD swindled a new dish perfect now.

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member

Do I just call the monkeys to come out?

Last time, had to wait ages, and some strange people fitted the dish.

It's still on there, it's on the chimney.

So annoying.

Can't wait to replace my pioneer plasma with a FULL HD version and get sky HD.

^^^Give the call centre a phone - it may be able to be fixed by them sending an update down the phone line to your Sky box.

Bumder With A Buffer
Sometimes all you need to do is reboot sky and it sorts itself out... Was having issues last night and just rebooted (power cycled form the wall) and all was fine afterwards.

Wasn't windy at all last night yet it still threw a wobbly! The older ones (I.e not SKy+) suffered from a few niggly firmware issues that Sky never bothered to fix.

Bumder With A Buffer

Will give them a call then.

What a pain in the ass, looks rubbish.

Thanks very much for all your help guys,

G.

Or just do a new installation which will callback to sky and reset everything... I can tell you how to do it if you want??? Fairly easy and would save having to wait for some monkey to maybe visit and do the same as what I tell you! ;)

Rav4

Let me know what I need to do :)

Would be great, not all are monkeys, these guys were sub contracted in and one of them coudn't speak English, all he said was "Bruv, Mush, In'it and cuppa" he was actually English.

Thanks buddy :)

Or just do a new installation which will callback to sky and reset everything... I can tell you how to do it if you want??? Fairly easy and would save having to wait for some monkey to maybe visit and do the same as what I tell you! ;)

Bumder With A Buffer
Okay some are Monkeys ;) They wonder why they have problems installing etc??!! (just so you know I used to be a fitter back in the day!)

Follow what I write here and see if this also helps (after trying a proper reboot/power cycle)

Go to "Services"
Then Option "4"
Press "01 Select"

(Should now be in the so called "hidden" installer menu!)

Go to option "6 New Installation" (I think??)

And follow the prompts. It will "kind of retune" itself etc and do a call back via the phone line.

I can't remember what prompts you will see without doing it myself as Im at work.

Rav4

Just trying this now.

A couple of more selects after your instructions,

It's been scanning for around 5 minutes, waiting for it to complete.

Completed.

Callback in progress.

Right, still shite :(

Will call them up in a bit.

Just rebooting it, in case that makes a difference.

Good hidden menu :)

Rav4

f*****s want £65 for an engineer to come out, as the box is just out of warranty.

Asked about upgrading to Sky HD, £75 + £30 connection fee, they would not budge!!!!!

b******s.

vers le haut doigt milieu
Gabi, answer the questions I asked you and I will try to do the best I can to help.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Is it a Sky+ box? As there is a known issue with Thomson Sky+ and HD boxes with the power supplies failing and causing massive signal degradation.

Rav4

Bash,

Apologies for not answering before.

I'm not at home so can't check this now.

Basically, channels like E4 and greater, including music channels and so on are having the issues. however 501 is fine.

The engineer said the signal was very weak and we resent the LNB's, we still had the same issue, he said he would try and boost the signal, which could take 30 mins to an hour.

I can check this channels when I am at home.

Thank you very much :)

Its my fault, I have been spending too much time on here saying sorry rather then working today. Rain will effect ur service as radiation cannot pass through water, as for wind gusts can cuse the dish to flex and lose its line of site to the satellite. Thats the problem with sky tbh. You will lose certian channels before other ones due to transponder beams. However here is a way to check ur LNBS.

Answer yes or no to these questions:

1) Can you see Channel Wonderful?
2) Can you see the Audi Channel?
3) Can you see Ben TV?
4) Can you see JML Choice?

This will check all 4 LNBS.

Let me know your answers.

Bash.

P.s I can confirm everything is ok.