ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Mobile?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Anyone on Sky mobile?

Their deals seem very cheap so I’m tempted by a new phone, but having been on EE for about 10 years I’m worried about signal problems etc, although not sure that’s really a thing nowadays?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Weird, I didn’t think they where cheap at all when I was looking. Any examples?

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
I will be joining sky mobile shortly. They are offering sim-only deal with 10gb data with everything else unlimited. £10 a month is the promo offer, but being a sky TV customer I get 25% extra, so just £7.50 a month.

I was concerned about the signal, but they use the O2 network, which i'm sure would be better than what EE are currently offering me - dropping calls and data I cant use without resetting phone!

Reactions: Pep

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My only concern with SKY was most of the contracts where 36month!

I’m on o2 and rate them just as good as EE.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Weird, I didn’t think they where cheap at all when I was looking. Any examples?

£36 a month for a 24 month contract with a new iPhone 11 and 10gb of data, I thought that was really good! Or £51 a month over 12 months.
Compared to EE which is about £58 a month based on 24 months.

I am with them for tv and broadband so that probably helps.

Had my iPhone 7 for about 4 years and I just fancy something new as it’s starting to show it’s age, even though the battery is still amazing!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
£36 a month for a 24 month contract with a new iPhone 11 and 10gb of data, I thought that was really good! Or £51 a month over 12 months.
Compared to EE which is about £58 a month based on 24 months.

I am with them for tv and broadband so that probably helps.

Had my iPhone 7 for about 4 years and I just fancy something new as it’s starting to show it’s age, even though the battery is still amazing!

Are you sure those prices are correct?

The 12 month one is unreal? As it’s less than the cost of the phone.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I’m on 02 90gb of data for £41 a month. But I got mine about 4-5 months ago.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
DA6AEC79-9959-4DD8-B52C-8326D0A8FF08.png

Assume you’re looking at that deal?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Me and my wife are on Sky sim only deals, comes to £20 a month and we both get 10GB each which is more than enough. Any data we don’t use gets saved into a piggy bank too. I’ve never had any signal problems, much better than 3 who I was with before.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
We're on Sky, £6 per month for 3GB. We never use all of it as we're generally around wifi so we have 20+GB piggy banked for any month we need more than usual.

No difference in service to O2, the same wifi calling, visual voicemail etc. which some other piggyback networks don't get.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Me and my wife are on Sky sim only deals, comes to £20 a month and we both get 10GB each which is more than enough. Any data we don’t use gets saved into a piggy bank too. I’ve never had any signal problems, much better than 3 who I was with before.

You’d get 100gb for £20 a month

Or you’d get 10gb for £10 a month on 02

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah sorry I didn’t explain very well. We have two SIM cards, 10GB on each and £10 per SIM.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Oh ok, yeah sounds alright that.

I just need loads of data as no WiFi at work :(

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the data piggy bank is really useful for us if we ever run out of data, you can just load some on to the account.

Clio 172 Cup
Have a look at smarty sim only just got one for my daughter 30gb data unlimited calls and texts 10 pound per month no contract signal seems fine 👍

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
View attachment 1454779

Assume you’re looking at that deal?

Yeah that's the one mate.

I'm on SIM only at the minute for about £16 a month but with the phone being 4 years old I fancy a new one. Would normally think about just buying one outright and staying SIM only but for that price it seems like a decent offer.

Good to hear the signal is ok, might go for it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah that's the one mate.

I'm on SIM only at the minute for about £16 a month but with the phone being 4 years old I fancy a new one. Would normally think about just buying one outright and staying SIM only but for that price it seems like a decent offer.

Good to hear the signal is ok, might go for it.

It’s 36 months, just you “can” upgrade after 24.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
It’s 36 months, just you “can” upgrade after 24.

Ah I see now, hadn't spotted that!
So if I upgrade at 24 months does that then tie in for another 3 years do you know?

Even though still seems like a decent enough deal considering an upgrade with EE is showing for me as £59 a month for a 24 month contract.

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
36 month contract.

f that.

glad to be out of those types now and onto a rolling sim only. £10 per month, 12GB Data, Unltd Calls/Text, that’s with Plusnet who are using EE network. Could be an option if you can just buy the handset up front?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I don't really see any downsides to a 36 month contract as I'm not bothered about having the latest phone every 15 minutes.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
After chatting with EE I've upgraded with them, £48.30 a month and no up front cost for an iphone 11 including BT sport access and unlimited calls, texts and 60gb of data.
Currently pay about £32 on my sim only plan with BT so not that bad of a deal really.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
[
After chatting with EE I've upgraded with them, £48.30 a month and no up front cost for an iphone 11 including BT sport access and unlimited calls, texts and 60gb of data.
Currently pay about £32 on my sim only plan with BT so not that bad of a deal really.

Get yourself on uswitch website, much better deals than that.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Tesco mobile always very competitive too and customer service is always excellent

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I got an XR on EE Jan last year, unlimited everything (data 100g), BT sport for two years & swappable options £39 x24.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Got that deal from retentions/loyalty team after a few long calls.
The 100gb deal was actually cheaper than the smaller data contracts For some reason?

Well at the minute I pay £16 for my contract, plus £15 for BT Sport add on, so £31 a month. So for me it's and extra £17 for a nice new phone so I'm happy with that. I gave them as much grief as possible and this was the best I could force out of them!
Phone arrives at work tomorrow so looking forward to it.