ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Router Query

Fiat Panda 100hp
Hey guys. I've ordered Sky broadband and they are taking ages on getting it setup - I ordered it all together and Sky TV was installed fine 2 weeks ago. Called them today chasing the broadband to be told the phone line is going active till tomorrow, the broadband can then be put on 48hrs after and they said the sky router will be another 5-7 days to come out in the post!!

This is a joke, so I asked whether I could use my own router instead of waiting for theirs to come out, they said no - 'It has to be the Sky router being used Sir'.

So my question... Can I use another ADSL router I have to access my Sky broadband with the username and password?

It's a good thing my neighbours are so nice to allow me to pinch theirs.

SLK250 CDI
Don't get too excited about the Sky router, it's shite. My inlaws have it and the wireless reception is pisspoor anywhere in the house except the same room where the router is. When I spoke to Sky tech support, they said that you could set up the Sky router as a modem and then connect your own router/access point - I don't know if there is a technical restriction to prevent the use of third party modems, but they seem to get really arsey about the idea.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've never had a problem, once it's connected you can use any router aslong as you have the pass key ect.. :S