ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sleeping Dogs

Same here!

Gave up last night, I can't counter the blokes with knives for s**t.

Any tips?!

Start off - throw the 2 thugs with banded wrists into the skip, one into the wall thing, and one of the others into the box.
just button bash and combo your way out of the next two (?).

When the next lot turn up, go for the guy with the crowbar first, when he's down pick up the crowbar and pummel everybody else with it. Swap for a knife when you kill one of the knife-wielding goons.

Then counter, kick, grab, kick, kick, kill etc. - at this point my counters were becoming weird and werent always working when I pressed the button. So I 'hid' on top of the van, hoping my health would magically regenerate - it didn't.

Got there in the end though. Thank f**k.

1.8 Civic EX
I finally got round to playing this last night. Haven't done much main story wise, just go to the point where you wake up in your apartment for the first time then I went out doing random stuff/favours etc.

Got a shed load of money already and bought a new bed, a knock-off air con unit and a pet bird for my apartment.

Then done some mission called "High-Speed" which was pretty cool, just hanging out the side of a cop car shooting gang members on bikes/in cars while they chased the cop car. Which ended up right next to a car show room. Some tidy motors in there but a bit out of my price range right now lol!

Fighting seems realy quite easy at the minute (even the guys with knifes), just counter, follow up with a quick combo, then wait to counter again. Although I find I generally go for the grapple and slam them into random stuff/objects is most sucessfull.

Running around in the MMA outfit that came with the limited edition of the game is a bit bent though. Looks a right tool lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
You can actually cut out most of the fighting by getting in a car and running the bad guys over. Repeatedly.

1.8 Civic EX
You can actually cut out most of the fighting by getting in a car and running the bad guys over. Repeatedly.

lol didn't think of that!

I like the social side of things too. When I first pulled a wheelie on the motorbike it came up saying something like "Scutchio - longest wheelie 4.x secs" I instantly thought "right, gotta beat that" and so i did...got about 6.x secs. The main roads/motorway/freeway bits a huge and pretty clear so I should think it's be possible to get an epic wheelie along those...

Also pretty cool how the mobile is intergrated. I done a favour for some bird wanting to make her own t-shirts with fancy pics on which resulted in me taking pics with the phone (when some drunk hobo got in the way of one of the pics, so got the beat-down) and e-mailing them to her. Nice little touches like this that make it feel more of a "complete" game.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah I beat Sargey's time of 44 seconds clean driving and thought get in, 48 seconds. Then noticed I was Rank 2 as another mate had done 8 minutes!! F*ck that.

Is it just me of is the autosaving on this shat?

Had a good bash at it the other day, got upto the mission 'Payback' - had a few goes got fed up, so when I died, the flashing autosave icon appeared. Double checked it had saved, it had. Turned off.

Went back to play yesterday and I was back at mission 1, no other save files where there.

Fack. I'm back now where I was now (I'm saying that, watch me go back again..), but that was annoying.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Completed the story. ~18 hours played, nearly got all the challenges etc done too. Awesome game, it's very rare I even come close to finishing games.

Evo 5 RS
Same ^

End mission was pretty ace. Really enthralling considering Just Cause 2 had no plot what-so-ever. Definitely deserving of 8/10

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah it's a good game. Very fast paced but plenty to do.

Its best described as fun.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Think I'm going to trade a load of games in for this today. Trailers look good. Not played the demo yet but by time it downloads on the PSN I could already have it.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I managed to get the last copy from Game today. Could probably get it cheaper online but I wanted to trade a load of games in.

One thing I have noticed is that the Counter is a bit hit and miss. I press triangle and still get hit.

Good game though. Just on the surveillance part where you have top take pictures, keep getting bloody caught though

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've finished the main story now. Was a great little game, enjoyed it.

Going to try and complete the rest of the stuff now and collect all the items etc.

1.8 Civic EX
I've finished the main story now. Was a great little game, enjoyed it.

Going to try and complete the rest of the stuff now and collect all the items etc.

I'm doing that first. Hardley touched the main story, all I'm doing is collecting cars for Tran, the drug bust security camera jobs, finding all the Health fountains
(unlocked locations through taking amanda out on the first date)
and any lock boxes that I pass while doing the above.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I finally bettered Sargey's Clean Drive of 2:06s and got over 4 minutes. That'll hopefully take some beating!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It is!

I thought clean driving would involve speed limits!

Then again though, I only managed to defeat those guys in the first mission last night...

The more you progress, the more skill moves you can do. It's like the levelling up in Batman.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've not been on the PS3 for a while. Will put it on later I think. Got about half of the missions done I think and I've done some random favours and races.
Need to get some more money to get better cars.
Got a fair few drug busts done too.

1.8 Civic EX
Buy glasses, watch, bracelet that have a % boost for face. When fighting, don't keep doing the same moves, mix it up and it builds quicker.

Still hardly touched the main story. Done all the drug busts, all races currently available (need to buy some vehicles in other classes to unlock the other races), bought all the clothes available, got most collectables available, almost maxed my face, police and fighting skills. Struggling with the triad levels so assume that goes up with the main story.

Best way to get money is call Tran and get the cars he wants. I've got a couple for him that were worth over 400k each.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a few hours on this again today. Crashed a few times during missions which pissed me right off.
Also, the drug bust in the sewer outlet doesn't go away. I clear the thugs, hack the camera and get the arrest but the badge stays on the mini map. Not sure if there is a glitch with it as the others all disappear once done iirc.
Still like the game though. Need to unlock more stuff though.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Think I have about 5 Achievements left to get. 30 Silver and 30 Gold stat awards, kill someone with a fish (which is easy enough), 10 melee weapon hits and 100% completion.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
3 achievements to go, but 2 will trigger at the same time.

Got Gold awards on every stat except 2 as well.

32 hours game time. Money well spent.

1.8 Civic EX
3 achievements to go, but 2 will trigger at the same time.

Got Gold awards on every stat except 2 as well.

32 hours game time. Money well spent.

Good effort!

Do you know if there is a limit to cars you get for Tran? or is it a neverending way of just making some dosh?

Think I might stop dicking about and get the main story done soon so I can start achivo' hunting lol.

Still got Darksiders 2 sitting in it's packet waiting to get played.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
There's a cut off point for Tran yeah but there's always those vans you hijack for cash. The more of those you take, the more cops you'll have on your tail though. It gets much tougher the further you go.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
1 achievement to go - Unlock all 10 Triad upgrades. I'm at around 9.5/10 on that one. I'm replaying missions but my Triad score is not going up a lot at all. This could take some time.

1.8 Civic EX
There's a cut off point for Tran yeah but there's always those vans you hijack for cash. The more of those you take, the more cops you'll have on your tail though. It gets much tougher the further you go.

Good timing, I literally delivered the last car to him yesterday evening.

Shows how far behind I am on the main story though. Had no idea what you're on about with the vans, but just done the mission that explains it.

Main story wise I've just got to the point where he's just woken up in the shiney new apartment after meeting Winstons boss.