ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sleeping Dogs

1.8 Civic EX
Ok some scenes look a little ropey graphics wise but I think I might keep an eye out for this one....

[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/story-trailer-sleeping-dogs/727514[/video]

AG 200 cup
Think people were on about this on another forum i go on, and it's the next true crime game but the developers "gave up" on it and united front games/square Enix bought the idea.

Ignoring the length of this video and the stupid commentary - this looks pretty brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really fancy this , i've read a few reviews and it seems to be up there with the best of em ( GTA/Saints Row ) and they say it even betters them on certain aspects. I don't have a problem with the graphics , but it seems thats were it's getting marked down. I'm just worried about the 20-25 hour time in a city/world this big.

Bought it yesterday from GetGamesGo, got the Ltd Edition for £22 (steam key), bargain.

Not played it much yet as I've been out/playing other stuff but it seems good so far! If you have the PC version remember to download the High-res textures pack as Free DLC, very mcuh worth it!

I'm really enjoying it, sure does seem pretty long aswel. I'm about 6hr's in and have just hit 50%, and that's without doing many of the side mission's, helping people out, busting drug gang's etc..
The driving can be a little bit clunky, but so are all free foam game's (Saint's Row/GTA..) but you get used to that, fast.

So different for a Yakuza type game to be on the 360 :)

1.8 Civic EX
Just ordered from shopto (along with darksiders 2) only £35 each for the limited editions as well, fook paying £45 in the Game store. I was going to trade some games in for it but it still worked out cheaper online. Got 4% cash back at shopto as well.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Will probably buy this on 360 today.

Mate got his on PS3 yesterday and says it's great.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Just bought it for PC. Hopefully it'll be good :)

Apparently it's the Limited Edition version, I'm guessing that just gives me some DLC

Evo 5 RS
Apparently the PC version is terrible. Things I've heard so far are, unresponsive controls, droll performance issues etc. Not tried it myself yet though.

High res textures are always a plus I spose.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Apparently the PC version is terrible. Things I've heard so far are, unresponsive controls, droll performance issues etc. Not tried it myself yet though.

Perhaps those people have shitty PC's. It's facking awesome. No performance issues to note, everything looks buttery and smooth. I'm playing with a gamepad though, these types of games are far better suited to a 360 controller than KB+M.

I've played it for 4 hours so far and not encountered any issues.

Runs fine on mine, I play with High res textures on CF 5850's on Medium/High and it runs fine and looks good!

Controls are absolutely fine, I'm using a controller but I think that's a good thing to do with this sort of game anyway. I used a keyboard at the start but found it more fluid with a controller due to the pressure/sensitive driving and that sort of stuff.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Literally just started yesterday. First scene with the butchers knife was pretty brutal :cool:

Haven't done anything yet though, apart from the running away from the police with the Asian guy. I have to follow him to his safehouse now. So yeah, right at the beginning.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
No spoilers or anything (and you might have noticed it from the intro) but Emma Stone is one of the voice actors. Voice like sex tbh.

Evo 5 RS
Perhaps those people have s**tty PC's. It's facking awesome. No performance issues to note, everything looks buttery and smooth. I'm playing with a gamepad though, these types of games are far better suited to a 360 controller than KB+M.

I've played it for 4 hours so far and not encountered any issues.
Runs fine on mine, I play with High res textures on CF 5850's on Medium/High and it runs fine and looks good!

Controls are absolutely fine, I'm using a controller but I think that's a good thing to do with this sort of game anyway. I used a keyboard at the start but found it more fluid with a controller due to the pressure/sensitive driving and that sort of stuff.

Glad to hear it, just bought it on Steam. Mate reckons it’s better than GTA in some aspects so looking forward to it

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
It's certainly got me hooked. Some people don't like the handling, but I think they were expecting Forza. I don't understand people who liked the handling in GTA4, it was complete dogshit.

Evo 5 RS
I think the thing is with the handling in GTA 4 is that most of the cars actually handled like they were Freelanders. It just made for some epic crashes and chases. If you look at Saints Row, everything just handles like it's on rails and feels false

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I loved the handling on GTAIV. They had it spot on imo.

I might pick this up at some point.

Evo 5 RS
I think it's more down to the games physics engine, GTA4's euphoria is amazing but restricts you to what you can do within the environment. In other words it makes things bug out massively.

A lot of devs can't be done with it

Evo 5 RS
Not bad at all, really enjoying it! Was expecting sloppy voice acting (as it was in Just Cause 2) but it's top notch. Combat feels dynamic and fluent as well. Driving mechanic as always with GTA clones is a bit pants, but can be forgiven. Much more depth than I expected too, plenty to do.

Did it eventually, it was the fighting bit before the car chase - got to the last man and he always leathered me. Must've done it 20 f**king times.

n00b.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Is this just like GTA then? As in f**k around in a big city most of the time then do some missions for people?