ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slicks - Sizes

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
Can anyone please confirm if the following size of slicks (Dunlop SP Sports) will fit on 7x15 wheels:

210/580R15

Cheers, Paul.

best bet is the 185/555R15 or 175 version with the same side wall height, they work out as - 185 = 204mm width (205 normal tyres) and 175 = 191mm width (195 normal tyres) ish

it says 7J is optimum for the 175 and 7.5J is optimum for the 185's but 7J is in the middle of the permitted width for both.

Not sure on the price of the 175's anyone know?

You could also look at the michelin ones that 182 race car used?

Thanks Dave, to be honest I'm not shopping around.

I wanted to try some out on a track day or two and I've been offered a set of the above size for a cheap price but just want to make sure they will fit!!

From what you're saying it sounds like they might be too wide?? :(

they dont have the 210 listed in 15" where im looking but they do in a 16" and its 223mm width - 8J optimum and 6.5 - 8.5J permitted, should be ok but there going to be wide like 225 width tyres might be ok in the arches im not sure.

Thanks guys for your help, especially Dave (not so much Ben)... :rasp:

I've looked on Dunlop's website and the size that Clio Cups run is 185/580R15.

Like you said Dave said, the 210 width doesn't seem to be right for a 15" tyre - so I've gone back to the dude with them and asked him to check that they are 15s (not 16s) and that the 210/580 bit is correct.

I also spoke to Speedline and double-checked what I have. The wheels are 7x15 aluminium 2118s, about 3 yrs old (courtesy of LeeP86 ;)). After a bit of a scrub they should look great - esp if we can get this rubber to fit them!! :D

clio 172 cup
just be carefull u dont start damaging ur output shafts. the grip will be great thought. u can also cut the slicks to make them into intermedits. due to the english weather!! enjoy ur track days. ps some circuits wont let u run slicks unless you have a roll cage fitted. hope this info helps!

TVR Cerbera
just be carefull u dont start damaging ur output shafts. the grip will be great thought. u can also cut the slicks to make them into intermedits. due to the english weather!! enjoy ur track days. ps some circuits wont let u run slicks unless you have a roll cage fitted. hope this info helps!

do you know which tracks need a roll cage for slicks?

thanks Daz

^^ thats interesting, a few people have said that too me. Does anyone know a circuit that checks your tyres and if u have a cage!?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
lol not joking! the email i got!

Ben

Many thanks for choosing to attend the Croft track day on the 5th of May. This final instruction should contain everything you will need to know for the event.

Itinerary
Signing On 8.00 Briefing 9.00 Start Driving 9.30 Lunch 12.30 Start Driving 13.30 End Driving 17.00

This event will be run as open pit lane.

Also, please make sure you read the 7 point checklist below before commencing your journey to the circuit

1)Bring your driving license - both the plastic and paper parts (please note that an MSA race license is not an acceptable substitute).
2)Make sure your car complies with any noise restrictions at the venue (98dB static).
3)Ensure your car has a current MOT or is capable of passing MSA scrutineering. You should also check your car is fit for the purpose intended; this includes brake, tyre, suspension and steering checks.
4)Fit your towing-eye prior to joining the circuit.
5)Bring suitable clothing as covered arms & legs are required at all times on the track.
6)Slicks are not permitted on cars without adequate rollover protection.
7)No hand-held cameras are permitted - any cameras need to be securely mounted in the car.

Additional Requirements
The primary requirements are that all drivers, passengers and spectators sign an indemnity and that anyone going out onto the circuit wears a helmet. Helmets are available to hire at £10 per day.

There will be a compulsory safety briefing at 8.30. There will be another briefing 1 hour later.

Is my flimsy cage not 'adequate protection'?? :rasp:

Good job I'm picking them up on the way HOME from Croft anyway....

Thanks mate, sorry if it's a daft question but why would fitting slicks risk damaging d/shafts? :S

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

Thanks mate, sorry if it's a daft question but why would fitting slicks risk damaging d/shafts? :S

the amount of grip puts strian on on D/S, bushes, bearings etc.