ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

slight dent on bonnet HELP......

ff silver 182
Hi everyone i was under the bonnet the other day, came from underneath bonnet, closed bonnet put a bit of pressur down to close it, hey presto small little dent, how do i get rid of it..any ideas ?

106 GTi
If the PDR guy is using up to date techniques / kit should they may able to sort it without going behind it - so double skinned or not it should be sortable

106 GTi
whats the chances of them doing a good job, without making more dents,is it easier to buy a new bonnet ?

As long as the person doing it is good it will be A1 - ask around and look at some of there work locally first.

50 quid compared to the costs of a now bonnet, I would find someone to try and get it out.

Clio 1.2 8v
as im in the trade of car body repair in my honest opinon depending how big the dent is its easier to buy a new bonnet.

as its doubled skinned its a nightmare to get behind it. even if you use up to date techniques the sheer thickness of the metal makes it soooo hard to work with as its so thin.

as soon as u got a dent it stretches, will never be the same again and filler wont help because as it reacts and gets hot, it warps the metal cause its too thin, which is shown when re-painted.

so buy a new bonnet.

renault clio extreme 02
this has happened to my car after some fat cow decied to jumop on it when drunk, renault have told me in order to replace the bonnet, repsray and fitted it will be £430.00. The car is meant to be going back in May for a newer one and its ridiculous that its gonna cost this much to repair it.

Punto/Clio GTT
whats with all this talk of buying a new bonnet? the guy/girl has a dent, a single solitary dent, she hasnt rear ended an arctic.

if the paint aint cracked or the bonnet aint creased and it looks like a simple dent that will pop out then a dent remover will be able to do it whether its behind skin or not.

getting a new bonnet is crazy madness talk, your opening an entire can of worms by having to spray new bonnet having to spray into wings for colour match and then hoping it matches to the doors. crazy recommendation.

BMW M3
The metal on the bonnet is to thin to do much with. I was told my an extremely good body shop that a new one would be required.

Punto/Clio GTT
an extremely good bodyshop that cant rub down filler properly. just use alluminium filler and some patience , not go at it with a lead hand or itll ripple like a raspberry ripple. new bonnet really is mental talk unless its seriously damaged or has a nasty dent smack bang in the centre

BMW M3
Mine was right by the line about 20 inches in circumference. Not deep but made a mess (football hit it and it popped out not right).

The bodyshop are porsche and, bentley the lot reccomended. Just couldnt be done...

Punto/Clio GTT
The bodyshop are porsche and, bentley the lot reccomended. Just couldnt be done...

yea i couldve guessed it would have been those or something extortionatly expensive.

you wanna know why they dont repair them? because they dont have the staff who can do repairs like that (love you loony x)

big places make more money from suggesting replacing panels instead of repairing. alot less time and going by thatchams ridiculously quoted paint times thats where the money is made, not from the repairs.

take it to any decent bodyshop thats still insurance improved but not as big as porsche etc and they would fix it no problem

renault clio extreme 02
as i said mine is where someone sat on it, i pulled most of the dint out with a suction puller so only a tiny bit left but its a bit rough and u can see its been damaged, i am gonna get it back of renault when the arse end has been repaired (total other story, hit by a lorry) and see if someone can fill it and spray it coz £430.00 is way past my budget and the fat cow that sat on it dont seem to be coughing up a penny.

if its next to the crease down the middle then its easily fixable.

ive had a couple of these from shutting the bonnet and both times they were removed for £50 each time. call chips away who will recommend someone in your area.

Now i have a carbon fibre bonnet. When shutting the clio bonnet the best way is to just drop it from about 12 inches and let it close under its own weight.

renault clio extreme 02
I will try that, it is right at the front on the crease, no paint damaged though or chipped just a funny glaze to it now.

I will try that, it is right at the front on the crease, no paint damaged though or chipped just a funny glaze to it now.

thats exactly where mine was mate. The bloke who fixed mine came to the house and said that if he couldn't remove the dent then there would be no charge. :cool:

He used a special reflective panel with lines on to check that it was out perfectly and even found a couple more small dents on the bonnet which he removed for the same price. £50 per panel