ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slight Gearbox problem!

OK....was just driving around when i come across to valvers! a red and a blue one...follow them and get to a set of traffic lights...as we go a loud noise occurs and i no longer have 1st gear!

Also there is loud vibrations everytime the engine is running..managed to get her home.....what now???

If we all hold hands.................

what now??? Ill tell u what now, the transmission needs to stripped down and investigated!

but if you running a valver box, second hand for like 150 ish, but then u got to get it fitted!

willy box, dunno second hand, recon from reno a tad over 500 again plus fitting!

or you choose to get urs repaired and overhauled at the same time, price dependant on damage!

I am running a valver box, but might condsider getting a willy box now it has gone and get the extra top end from fifth gear.

£500 including fitting...yes?

is there any point getting another valver box when i am running a Williams block?

Quote: Originally posted by phil6180 on 25 September 2003

I am running a valver box, but might condsider getting a willy box now it has gone and get the extra top end from fifth gear.

£500 including fitting...yes?

No

is there any point getting another valver box when i am running a Williams block?

Not really IMO just valver boxs can be sourced quicker and cheaplier!

willy box has uprated bearings to deal with torque, derived from the diesel lump.

maybe a wise decision to get willy recon from reno, go get it fitted somewhere, if u dont fancy doing it urself and pocketing the dosh??

valver box only gonna go pop again sooner or later, if u gonna keep the car, take the hit! least u get a warranty!

if u drive quickly then the willy box is better suited to the torque characteristics of the 2.0l

Could be the stabaliser bar has snapped or the bolt that holds it to the engine. if it is just the bar it is about 20 from renault if it is the bolt it is about 4 quid, the only thing is if it is the bolt and it is stuck in the engine they are hard to get out because the engine is slloy snd you could risk damaging it which means new gearbox