ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slight judder/misfire (low end)

Hello there,

noticed a slight problem with my 172 this morning. It seems to happen when cold and when warmed up, between 1000 and 2000 rpm there is a very slight misfire/judder, lasts no longer than a tenth or so of a second. Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks

Martin

02' PH1 172
God I hate these misfire/judder problems. I'm stuck at a point now as well that I have no idea what to do...

but to answer your question, its is 90% going to be one of the following:

1. Spark plugs - check and replace if need be, use only the orig renault ones
2. HT leads - check and replace if need be. Best bet is orig leads, upgrade option which has given some people problems, but if you are lucky would probably be better than the std parts is the magnecore 8 or 8.5mm leads
3. Coil pack - std part is very good, but does go, and might need replacing
4. One of the many sensors in the bay, good luck figuring out if its one of them, and they are all pretty expencive
5. Throttle body - check and clean
6. Faulty injector - check them all and replace the faulty one if there is one

from all my digging on this forum, these are the most common reasons for misfiring/judder/loss of power

Good luck!!