ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slight knock on acceleration.

Iceberg 172
Hi CS,

I'm getting a slight knock whenever I engage drive with gears 1, 2, and 3. It sounds like its coming from the drivers side wheel arch. I can't get the noise to replicate in 4th or 5th but maybe that's because the power isn't high enough.

It's pretty much instantaneous to when I put my foot on the pedal, and this is when I apply the smallest ammount of throttle I can. As if something is shifting forward or moving when I engage.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Dan

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Mine was doing the same. Thought at first it was engine mounts but after checking them they were fine.

Turned out to be my top mounts. They were proper fucked. So fucked in fact they'd worn the hole in the top of the turret into an oval!

Iceberg 172
Mine was doing the same. Thought at first it was engine mounts but after checking them they were fine.

Turned out to be my top mounts. They were proper fucked. So fucked in fact they'd worn the hole in the top of the turret into an oval!

Oh really? Could it be a case of just tightening them up? And where can I get some replacements ones? And test I can do to confirm top mounts?

Thanks Ron!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
It will probably be a case of replacing them mate. I went for solid ones from PMS. With regard to testing your ones I'm a bit out of my depth! lol
Scrooge Ant can you step in here please mate! :)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
As RDR said I thought his one was engine mounts (usually dogbone one) but after inspection they were fine so I looked elsewhere, after scouring the whole car you could see the top mounts were fucked. If i was you I take it to someone who knows what they're looking at with clios as it could be a number of things with what you're describing.

You can't tighten your top mounts up, gun of the top hat of the top mounts and that usually gives you a few clues to if it is fucked or not mate.

Iceberg 172
As RDR said I thought his one was engine mounts (usually dogbone one) but after inspection they were fine so I looked elsewhere, after scouring the whole car you could see the top mounts were f**ked. If i was you I take it to someone who knows what they're looking at with clios as it could be a number of things with what you're describing.

You can't tighten your top mounts up, gun of the top hat of the top mounts and that usually gives you a few clues to if it is f**ked or not mate.

Awesome thanks Scrooge and RDR. If anyone is in the bedfordshire area and wouldn't mind taking a look i'd appreciate it greatly!

Iceberg 172
As RDR said I thought his one was engine mounts (usually dogbone one) but after inspection they were fine so I looked elsewhere, after scouring the whole car you could see the top mounts were f**ked. If i was you I take it to someone who knows what they're looking at with clios as it could be a number of things with what you're describing.

You can't tighten your top mounts up, gun of the top hat of the top mounts and that usually gives you a few clues to if it is f**ked or not mate.

I think Dan @ 519 is closest to you mate

Ahh yeah I took my 1.4 to him, He seems so busy though for just a quick check over.