ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slight leak head gasket! Advice please guys!

MonkeyKnifeFight

ClioSport Club Member
  Rusty Cup
I think you raise at least 2 valid points here.

The first takes me back to the time I lost a dock side bet and was forced at gun point to pleasure a chimp dressed as an Asian businessman.

Thirdly it takes 2 to tango! That car was upside down when I got here and as for your grandmother? Well she shouldn’t have mouthed of like that..

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Is this your car?

1588891004945.png

Clio mk3 1.4
Oh no, not the head gasket issue with the 06 clio. I have an 06 clio too :O
Must be a special edition to just be called an 06, premium price tag too.

Clio 182
This thread was properly amusing, but I have an actual issue with a potential head gasket going on my engine. Garage has quoted 1400 for the repair which is more or less what I paid for the car so a bit of advice would be helpful.

Quick run down.
Renaultsport Clio mk2 182
125k on the clock
Silver? (someone suggested this might be important) 😉 😂
And finally, just to confirm. It's definitely a Renault.

I've read that the head gasket on the F4R is rare to go, the garage mentioned that it failed a sniff test in three different test conditions but that the signs of the head gasket failing were only at the very early stages.

This car was bought for track days and I did notice that a small amount of coolant does appear to be lost after a hard days running. It also developed a misfire once the track day was finished.

Anyone know if all these factors would definitely indicate head gasket or whether there could be something much less expensive going on?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
This thread was properly amusing, but I have an actual issue with a potential head gasket going on my engine. Garage has quoted 1400 for the repair which is more or less what I paid for the car so a bit of advice would be helpful.

Quick run down.
Renaultsport Clio mk2 182
125k on the clock
Silver? (someone suggested this might be important) 😉 😂
And finally, just to confirm. It's definitely a Renault.

I've read that the head gasket on the F4R is rare to go, the garage mentioned that it failed a sniff test in three different test conditions but that the signs of the head gasket failing were only at the very early stages.

This car was bought for track days and I did notice that a small amount of coolant does appear to be lost after a hard days running. It also developed a misfire once the track day was finished.

Anyone know if all these factors would definitely indicate head gasket or whether there could be something much less expensive going on?

Lob a bottle of K-seal in.

Tends to work when it's early stages, worked a treat on my car.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Lob a bottle of K-seal in.

Tends to work when it's early stages, worked a treat on my car.

Bodge job really, and fair chance of causing more work, blocked heater etc. The car sellers favourite fix :sneaky:

Clio DCI 106
Same problem with oil leaking, i got the car serviced, but leaks from behind the engine. Been told could be head gasket or rocker cover. Got the engine bay cleaned so after todays trip to Blackpool, i should be able to see where leak coming from