ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slight rubbing of AUX belt

Hey,

I've noticed a bit of rubbing between the tensioner spring and the aux belt. I was wondering what may have caused this and what I can do to keep them apart. Clio 172 53 plate.

Here are some pictures, any help would be greatly appreciated.

monaco 172
Is it a genuine tensioner? Mine is close but doesn't touch

I've seen a couple of threads where the spring had bent causing it to foul the belt.

Take it off and have a check

Can't really tell if it's genuine, I haven't touched it in the 2 years I've had it. Looking at other pictures I seem to be the only one done up with a button head, and it looks loose. But even so it shouldn't really move it downwards.

Yeah I'll try and look if it's bent. Is it easy enough to put back on? I guess there's a lot of tension in that spring.

monaco 172
You need either the correct tool to release the tension or a jubilee clip around the spring to relieve the tension. Or just cut the belt off and replace with a new one if it's been rubbing.

It's fiddly to remove, easiest way is to remove bumper and slam panel to gain more access.

Tensioner is held on with the large bolt you see at the top which is normally a star head bolt. And then the lower bolt is a female hex head. 8mm I believe.