ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SLK

Turbos.
The old man has got himself another hairdressers car! To be fair though it handles considerably better than the old one he used to have, but this is a bit gutless. Its an SLK200, no idea what engine it has, dog slow... but love the wheels on it.

Image1-6.jpg

P1050090.jpg

P1050091.jpg

P1050094.jpg

Golf R soon...
Nice cars but expensive for what they are!

Looks nice in black with those wheels!

Love the SLK55 AMG :)

EK4, 632 on black, Mk2Ph3
SLK 200 must mean its 2.0 litre? my mum had a C class 220 and that was registered at 2.2 litre ;)

Lionel Richie
my mate had a 350 one of them, the traction control on it is possibly the most rubbish thing ever made

visualize whirled pe
My dad's had the 230 Kompressor (2.3 supercharged) Mk1 (with the black sills) and now the 320 (3.2 v6) Mk1 ph2 (with the skirts) both are what I'd regard as fairly quick for such solidly built cars, but you are right the 200 isnt the quickest, never-the-less the ride is very smooth and they are great looking cars, hasn't your dad got a quick lotus?
Both cars were reliable and he get's good mpg from the v6. He buys a parts and labour warranty which is like £800 a year on account of the miles he does, merc parts and labour make Renault's servicing costs seem like peanuts!

My dad's been talking about getting a Porsche 911 next or a new mustang GT V8, I'm hoping he goes for the mustang personally, he'll only have it if he can get one ready converted to RHD.

Turbos.
Yeah, i love the AMG version.

The traction control is better than they used to be on Mercs. I've been to Robb Gravett's courses a few times now and the 350 versions they use are quite fun, and they make a great noise.

Smart looking car that, I like the wheels too.

SLK55 AMG's are immense, saw one on a merc stand at goodwood fos last year, with all the options the car had on it, it was close to 90k !!