ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slow clio, fast CTR.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
JDM EP3's are 212hp and have an LSD, HID's amongst other extras. K20C, same as the DC5 Integra

UK EP3 has 197hp and uses the fed-spec K20 due to emissions, as used in the US-spec Civic Si but with a few differences and not all had aircon

tbh, i've had squirts with a UK car and there was nothing in it.... the fella even acknowledged me afterwards, rare for a Jap driver. lol

DC5 has K20A; EP3 has K20A2.

Cheers lad, duly noted. :cool:

I need to geek-up on my Hondas ;)

Mk4 .:R32
I had a race with one down some country lanes and he couldn't keep up.

a 182 isn't built to go fast in straight line. ask for a rematch down some twisty country lanes and you'll suprise yourself. I papped myself when I realised I was doin 100 chocolate buttons and he was appearing smaller and smaller in my rear view mirror.

Yes they have a better engine and gear box, but they look about as much fun as trying to drink a brew on a bouncy castle down twisty roads.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
I had a play with one when I had my 172, from a roundabout onto a duel carriageway. He had a induction kit and exhaust. Which I feel hampered his performance as from 20-60 I pulled about half a cars length, then he pulled it back.

Both only driver

Its not a shift light. Its a 'your about to go crashing into the limiter light', it is by no means the best point to change.

Golf 7R
I know on a clio forum most people will be a tad biased, but if im being honest i have never had any problems with CTR's ( apart from one in a jackson racing supercharged guise) my good friend owns a facelift CTR and can vouch that my clio will have one 99% of the time, in any situation ( bar his modded beast) who is also on this forum! The CTR is the better place to be if im being completely honest. The best gearbox/change i have ever felt, better driving position, awsome hugging seats, combine that with bullet proof reliability its a good buy. The V-tec yo is addictive and despite what people say the steering lets you know what the wheels are doing ( not as much as my cup though) To 90mph they would be very close after the ton the CTR "WILL" pull all the way to 150.

SchwepTek™
LOL, i'm still of the opinion that my car isnt putting out the right power!!! My driving cant be THAT bad :eek: hehe

We will see at the RR day on Saturday! lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Plenty of CTR squirts in my 172 Cup, and it really is nip and tuck!!!. I remember having a play the other year. The CTR driver give it some from a round about, then backed off. I then overtook. As i got along side he floored it (think he was 'trying' to embarras me leaving me on the wrong side of the road lol) Over took him, then stayed the same distance up to 1** or so. (private race track ;)) Nothing in it ;)

Golf
down to the driver, ave had a play with 1 and was right behind him until he turned off, that was on a straight road

ST
LOL, i'm still of the opinion that my car isnt putting out the right power!!! My driving cant be THAT bad :eek: hehe

We will see at the RR day on Saturday! lol

For your sake i hope its ok mate tho it might be one of those 'friday afternoon' cars producing 130bhp or running on 15 of 16 valves..

SchwepTek™
LOL thats what i was thinking! So i'm pretty worried about RR day! lol.

Anything i can do if it is one of those cars? :eek:

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Its not a shift light. Its a 'your about to go crashing into the limiter light', it is by no means the best point to change.

ahh, that old chesnut!

you're right though :cool:

Funny. I had that argument with about 5 different members on there and noone seemed to come to my defence, yet when an expert came along to confirm it they all tended to then agree i was right and the haters never replied.

182 vs Ep3. I own one and my brother does. No difference worth a topic of discussion over, neither are exactly quick cars, moderatly pacey is a better description.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
I know on a clio forum most people will be a tad biased, but if im being honest i have never had any problems with CTR's ( apart from one in a jackson racing supercharged guise) my good friend owns a facelift CTR and can vouch that my clio will have one 99% of the time, in any situation ( bar his modded beast) who is also on this forum! The CTR is the better place to be if im being completely honest. The best gearbox/change i have ever felt, better driving position, awsome hugging seats, combine that with bullet proof reliability its a good buy. The V-tec yo is addictive and despite what people say the steering lets you know what the wheels are doing ( not as much as my cup though) To 90mph they would be very close after the ton the CTR "WILL" pull all the way to 150.

150mph?

Are you smoking crack?

ahh, that old chesnut!

you're right though :cool:

Funny. I had that argument with about 5 different members on there and noone seemed to come to my defence, yet when an expert came along to confirm it they all tended to then agree i was right and the haters never replied.

Im by no means an expert, im not entirely sure where I picked it up from but I know im correct. Chris only agreed because he wants to bum me.

106 GTi
I love the over-rev warning light debates! In all honesty if you change as you see the "your about to wallop the limiter numpty warning light" you won't quite hit it !

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR

Im by no means an expert, im not entirely sure where I picked it up from but I know im correct. Chris only agreed because he wants to bum me.

Not slating you or Chris specifically mate.

Just Chris.:clown:

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
If the CTR is driven to the limit it will be quicker than a 1*2 (both standard cars)

If both cars are driven properly then yes the ctr is quicker. Is it worth debating or discussing the small difference though? Nope. Unless you have the 150mph special JDM IMPORT NITROUS verion as described above.

172 Cup, RB 182 Cup
im quite supprised at this tbh, never thought ctr's were that quick...

even managed to wipe 1 or 2 with the s express before:p

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
If the CTR is driven to the limit it will be quicker than a 1*2 (both standard cars)

If both cars are driven properly then yes the ctr is quicker. Is it worth debating or discussing the small difference though? Nope. Unless you have the 150mph special JDM IMPORT NITROUS verion as described above.

No debat from me just stating fact, These CTR/CLIO threads are a load of boll-cks

SchwepTek™
LOL @ the comments!

I only started the thread coz i cant drive properly! :D

And onbviously coz my 182 only has 18.2 bhp!

CTR
Awesome thread! Hilarious that a lot of people on here will swear blind their Cup is significantly faster than the standard 1*2, with on paper 0.2s 0-60 difference.

But any other car that's 0.2s faster on paper than the Cup... Holy sh*t!
"All about the driver"
"They're only good in a straight line"
"Nothing in it up to 5 million mph"

Please... Don't stop! Had a sh*t day at work, but this is making it all better!

simple mistake and its all over , whos in front will make a difference to who gets the power down 1st , not many standard cars anymore either , so you win some , you lose some :S

CTR
Where has anyone said anything about a cup?

Sorry - just a general observation rather than a comment on this specific thread. And don't get me wrong - I only just got rid of my 182 that I had for almost 3 years, and loved it, but it's always amused me a bit about the forum!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Haha! Another one of these threads?! Ahhhh....gotta love this place. The fact things like this will never change is a comforting feeling!

For what its worth, which isn't much, i do very much dislike CTR's for some reason....i think i've had it since birth, but as Kully says, there are very fine lines between "winning" and "losing" when you pitch any hot hatch against another...especially when so evenly matched for power/torque/bhp per ton etc.

Much can be said for hamfisting a gearchange...

SchwepTek™
LOL fair enough. Know what you mean mate. As i said earlier, only started the thread because i seem to be paranoid about my car being slower than ALL other 1*2s!!! LOL.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
schweppy, as you have a blueflame and a decat i think maybe it could be blowing somewhere prob after the cat! This causes a massive loss in power