ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sludge changed

172DD Cup
That might work with some cars but there's no way mine was coming off with that, not a chance. I bought a drain plug tool and snapped it. In the end I had a 10mm allen key machined down to an 8mm square to get it off. Even that now has a big twist in it!

he meant to get the filter off not the plug! smash the screwdriver through the filter et voila, a handle.

kevrsi, i'm just on the outside looking in but you're coming across as a bit of a t**t. sorry mate.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Your the one that started jumping down the op's neck. How am I back tracking? TBH im not sure how many people would think look at that wanker in that m3 more than look at that wanker in a 1.6 clio. I dont look at random cars on the street and think wanker to everyone though perhaps you have too much time on your hands? Also I think you could benefit from some anger managment since its usually the angry little keyboard warriors who turn into serial killers.

clio mk1 RSI
I know I am now but things like this just generally annoy me, I would say most people will have there opinions on what I say and thats fine, I was speaking directly to the guy who started the thread , then some t**t sales man jumps on me slagging my car and questioning my professionalism?

clio mk1 RSI
I actually own my own business.But since this isnt a willy waving contest your a c**t.

/end

me 2 mate and you dont want to be waving your willy about , I have a feeling that the compensation rule could not be more fitting for someone like you /end

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I know I am now but things like this just generally annoy me, I would say most people will have there opinions on what I say and thats fine, I was speaking directly to the guy who started the thread , then some tw*t sales man jumps on me slagging my car and questioning my professionalism?

That, I believe, was after you "jumped" on me. So pipe down and quit insulting everyone in sight, your vocabularly seems limited enough as it is.

clio mk1 RSI
KEVRSI is a bit mental.
wee bit

and M3 boy you have made an arse of yourself if you did know anything about cars you would know the MK1 rsi was 1.8 not 1.6 and it was my second car , well 3rd actualy if you count the mrs

S3 Sportback, Ninja
me 2 mate and you dont want to be waving your willy about , I have a feeling that the compensation rule could not be more fitting for someone like you /end

I bet your customer service is second to none

clio mk1 RSI
That, I believe, was after you "jumped" on me. So pipe down and quit insulting everyone in sight, your vocabularly seems limited enough as it is.
I am sorry to you mate , I didnt mean any offence, not a good idea to tell ppl to stop insulting and then do it in the same sentence though?

S3 Sportback, Ninja
There was a mk2 rsi which was a 1.6 i seem to recall. Anyway im not particularly interested in non renaultsport models.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Can we chill out a bit guys or this thread will get lockage. OP is within his right to service his own car how he wishes.

Can we keep to helpful advice rather than starting world war three over a f**king oil filter lol. Hey it's nearly the weekend!

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Mine isnt a csl but I have bits from a csl on it... Bought it standard added coilovers, csl wheels, carbon fibre bonnet, replaced the god awful seats with some corebua buckets retrimmed to the same black nappa leather as standard. I have a csl bootlid in the garage awaiting painting and am ordering a csl bumper and diffuser next week. The plan is either to supercharge it in the future or maybe put it back to standard flog it and buy a v8 m3... But if im being completly honest with my self I actually prefer the looks of the e46. I can supercharge it for 4k and have 550bhp plus (imo) one of the best all rounders availble.

clio mk1 RSI
you wouldnt need to supercharge the V8 if you got it , it's brutal as is. Agreed E46 looks better, your actually not bad for an M3 driver, pitty we got off on the wrong foot, dont really want to continue to hi-jack this guys thread so take it easy

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
What a difference and hour makes....Jeez this thread got heated.

Yes the OP could've come on here and MAYBE got some guidance on how to get the oil filter off BUT his car is definitely better off for at least having the oil changed rather than just leaving it with the old oil in.

Mk5 golf gti
You have already hijacked the thread.

for future referance, remove the fuel rail guard then get 2 hands on the oil filter.

if you still dont succeed..........sign up at the local gym

Clio 182
simple really i couldnt get a good enough grip on it, anyway its my car not your so keep your thoughts to yourself rather than saying it gets on your tits, if it bothers you that much come to nottingham and change it!

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was a right pain to get off. i bought a tool off ebay though. you could just stick a screwdriver through and get it off.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
You can buy those rubber strap tools that you wrap around and it grips on it giving you a nice grip to twist it...Failing that a marigold would give the same effect.

Black 172
What's the rule? Never use an ill fitting tool... for that reason using a door handle spindle seems a bit iffy to me. Unless it's a good fit your risking rounding the square and you'll seriously struggle to get the bolt off then. Considering how cheap they are I'd just buy the correct tool.

Screwdriver through the oil filter method is an absolute lifesaver though! Most of the oil filter removal tools I've used are utter shite I have to say, and one was dangerous. The only type I'd have faith in is the large socket type oil filter removal tools.

Clio 182
the door handle was a perfect fit, it was either a 8mm or 10mm square and hand no play at all in the sumplug. jamming a scewdriver through the oil filter is a crcking idea i would have never thought of but still sounds a bit dodegy lol especially if somthing goes worng and the filter does notcome off then i would be well and turly screwd

regards

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
hmm well sutton auto factors ripped me off then selling me one for the car ha ha
cheers

I just found your receipt on the computer ;) pop it back in and they'll sort you a refund out mate, if it makes you feel any better Paul put it on a trade discount so you saved a few quid anyway :)

b/g 182, meg tourer
Screwdriver through the filter then you've got more distance to go with your turning effort... it will come off. Simple as ;)

and put a tiny bit of oil aroun d the rubber seal of the new filter you are putting on, then you might not need the screwdriver next time.

clio 172 cup 2003
if anyone wants 8mm sump plug keys i can cut the offcuts at work for free just send a self addressed envelope to me please put a stamp on it so it doesnt cost me they will be cut at 25mm long and just put a socket on it

RB 182
Best thing for removal is the plier. Ive never not got one off using these and no mess unlike the screwdrivers.

Impreza Wagon
I just use the proper oil filter tool for clios that fits around the whole filter. I think it was about £5 from euro car parts, saves all the stress and mess!