ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Small hole on cam cover

LY Megane R26
Recently fitted an RS2 inlet manifold, I noticed there is a small like ring on top of the exhaust side of the cam cover where a seal sat between the cam cover and original inlet.

Well on this part of the cam cover I noticed there's a tiny pin size hole, probably 1 or 2mm diameter.
Now I've never noticed this before, the inlets been on about a month, but when I was on track fri I noticed it started having some oil come out, only a tiny tiny amount but was still comin out.

If you look closely near to the oil breather pipe on the oval shaped shiney part where the seal sits on

E08EDC6F-93E7-445E-899F-966C22A449D0-3914-0000059F50148C42_zps3434bd50.jpg

Ill try get a better pic tomorrow night this is the only decent one I've got atm

Has any one else noticed this? And how have they got round it/blocked it?

I was debating on using a little bit of high temp silicone sealant, but Wasnt sure if this would be ok to use? Didn't want any going into the engine.

ourboy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
I have an rs2 to fit at the start of the month and am also unsure about what way to block this off.
I think the hole must be some kind of second oil breather for the inlet manifold?

Last edited:
  LY Megane R26
Pop a bead of sueprglue or silicone over it.

I used a bit of sealant like you were thinking, some people stick a self tapper in it.

Thanks guys :)
​I'm going to go with a blob of silicone, didn't really want to use like a self tapper incase I ever go back to standard in the future.

what is that filter you have on there?
is the a bellmouth i see?

Hi mate, it's an ITG filter part number JC60/70
Took a little mid of modification of the battery tray so it would fit, as the battery needs to be moved over a bit.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
another q how did you fit it?
the hose is supposed to be 160mm and the filter is only 73mm?...:S

did you use a reducer?

never mind........the hose length is 160mm......god i'm so dense sometimes