ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smart TV software?

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
So overnight my Samsung Smart TV stopped allowing me to watch anything online, such as netflix/ youtube etc.

I have started a new software download, but it mentioned something about my DNS settings. Does this mean something may have changed with my router/ ISP so they are not allowing the TV to access to internet, or is it my TV not allowing access to the Internet?!

Hopefully the software update will help, but if not need to think about what to do with the thing ; (

182, SQ7, Trafic
Had same thing with a customer but update sorted it. You sure it finished the update

A shiny black one.
Have you tried the basic modem/router resets? Is it a wired or wireless connection? My samsung was utterly crap on a wireless connection, Netflix would almost always fail, so I've connected it via an Ethernet cable now.

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
It is wireless yes, although has been fine since Christmas, when we got it.

Just did a reset on the router to no avail. Tried resetting the Smart Hub and now it can't re-upload anything as it can't connect to the internet! Piece of S*&T!!

Am chasing the idiots at Plusnet so will see what they say as well.

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
And hey presto the thing decides to switch itself back on! !
Cheers for the help guys, will see how long this lasts for!