ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smart TV's

RS 200
Looking at getting a new tele.

Current liking the look of this from Panasonic, or an equivalent from Samsung.

Open to any suggestions though, looking at spending £500-£600 (32"-40") tops.

Any advice?

G51 BEN
The first one is a HD TV and the second one has 3D... Is 3D something you would use?
With a big purchase like this it may be worth signing up to Quidco or something like that and seeing what places offer cashback.
I recently bought an LG 42 inch Smart TV from Very.co.uk and got 10% off my first order with nothing to pay for a year - Interest free too! Plus we got a further 10% off through Quidco so I think altogether we paid £380 for a £470 TV.

You could get something like this http://www.very.co.uk/samsung-ue40f...tv/1271288655.prd?searchTerm=samsung-smart-tv
and get 10% (£50) off your order and a further.... 7% off through Quidco and not have to pay it all in one go giving you a bit of freedom financially....

RS 200
The first one is a HD TV and the second one has 3D... Is 3D something you would use?
With a big purchase like this it may be worth signing up to Quidco or something like that and seeing what places offer cashback.
I recently bought an LG 42 inch Smart TV from Very.co.uk and got 10% off my first order with nothing to pay for a year - Interest free too! Plus we got a further 10% off through Quidco so I think altogether we paid £380 for a £470 TV.

You could get something like this http://www.very.co.uk/samsung-ue40f...tv/1271288655.prd?searchTerm=samsung-smart-tv
and get 10% (£50) off your order and a further.... 7% off through Quidco and not have to pay it all in one go giving you a bit of freedom financially....

That's quality mate thanks.

Out of stock though :(

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I have the Panasonic mentioned but in 42" guise. Really nice set. Seemed to get positive reviews and the bloke in Richer Sounds said that you couldn't really do much better for the price. I'm not arsed about 3D so that didn't bother me.

The only thing that irritates me about it is that when you turn it on, it always defaults to opening the "home" screen and from what I can see, you can't change that option. I'd rather it just turned on and if I wanted the home screen, I'd press the button for it.

Clio 200 Raider
I have the panasonic 39 inch and its a great tv. I love just playing films on my tablet and then pushing it to my tv works flawlessly.

The home screen can be turned off i too had that issue. So now when turning the tv on it goes straight to tv with no home screen

Clio 200 Raider
I have the Panasonic mentioned but in 42" guise. Really nice set. Seemed to get positive reviews and the bloke in Richer Sounds said that you couldn't really do much better for the price. I'm not arsed about 3D so that didn't bother me.

The only thing that irritates me about it is that when you turn it on, it always defaults to opening the "home" screen and from what I can see, you can't change that option. I'd rather it just turned on and if I wanted the home screen, I'd press the button for it.

Press the home screen button then scroll left or right there is a screen called full screen tv select that and everytime tv is turned on it will be full screen and you wont have to navigate the home button

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Press the home screen button then scroll left or right there is a screen called full screen tv select that and everytime tv is turned on it will be full screen and you wont have to navigate the home button

Cheers. I'll give it a go tonight.