ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SMELLY CAT!

Ok - You may have read about my problems with my back box being quiet since I got my new cat.

Anyway over the last couple of days Ive been letting the car warm up properly then showing it the odd high rev or 2! :devilish:

I am convinced it seems a bit louder now, although my mate says its just me! But now there is another problem!! :(

When I got in the car yesterday lunchtime there was a really nasty smell! My mate noticed it yesterday evening too, he thought it smelt damp. :confused:

I was wondering could this be the cat settling in? I believe that they do pong a bit although I have never had one that has done before so Im not too sure what it would smell like! :confused:

Im just thinking it might be the cat as this is the first time since having it fitted, and the smell came after thrashing it a bit and Im convinced its getting slightly louder.

Am I putting 2 + 2 together here and getting 5???? :oops:

Also with me thinking its getting a bit louder - does this mean the cat is clogging up a bit?

Any help/advice is REALLY appreciated

nah mate i just found it funny hehe , i dont know a great deal about cat pipes but i know on my old RT it used to smell bad soemtiems when u thrashed it.

If youve hardly ragged it with the new cat then it sounds like its just bedding in. If it still smells after a week, go see the people who fitted it. Tell them you smell eggy farts all the time...

Cheers mate - It is more of a damp smell though!!! :confused:

Any one know of areas prone to damp in Clios because I had a quick look last night and couldnt see anything!

Perhaps you should check the gasget that holds the cat onto the exhaust pipe, this could be leaking in result a stronger damp smell?

just take the cat out and gain a few bhp and a louder sound.just put it back on when the mot comes up

Dust - You reckon this gasket being lose could lead to a "damp" like smell?? It is more of a damp smell than a rotting eggs smell.

Might it be an idea to take it to the place where it was fitted to have it checked out???

Thanks