ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smoking in car??

172 ph1
ive just quit last week but ive smoked in all my cars..it takes nowt to get rid of the smell! febreeze and a good inside wash normally sorts it

LY R27 F1 Clio
I used to smoke in my 172. Needed an incentive to quit so I told myself i would treat my self to a new car if I could quit. Bought a R27 F1 the other week and still not smoking. Happy days! :approve:

Arctic 182 & PB 172
Im a smoker and i smoke in my car. I like to smoke and drive...its kind of one of lifes little pleasure. Music on, ciggie in hand but in my opinion smoking in a car is an art form. My missus is RUBBISH at it so she doesnt do it because i give her so much abuse. i never drop ash in it and the arm is always out the window. Non smokers never say my car smells because i clean it regularly inside (at least every two weeks) and i use those jelly belly air fresherners and they dont last long but smell REALLY strong. When im cleaning it i air it out as well with all the doors and boot open. I disagree that because you smoke in your car you are neglectful of it...i think all my mates and my missus that are scared to go near it would argue that point for me haha!

NO eating in my car...drinking is ok. NOONE in the back gets to smoke EVER!!!

2004 182FF
£60 fine supposedly isnt it?

I smoke but don't in my car, and don't let people either. Food & drink fine but not really.

clio 1.2
i dont smoke but no body smokes or eats in my car. as for the metal bits i HATE it. If anyone leans forward in my car they get a bruised forehead ;) and the flinging of seatbelts is a no no.. oh and i hate clumsy people. End

Jap Box
Left someone smoke in my car tonight for the first time ever, ive never smoked in my life myself and never will, never wanted anyone to smoke in the car either but I thought "f**k it, you live once and its a s**t clio"

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I let my mates smoke out the window, dont have a problem with it TBH.

I smoke in all my cars and tbh i'll smoke anywhere, but smoking in a mates car that doesn't smoke???? NO WAY pedro! I could never do that!

Let alone in some swanky Z4!

clio 1.2
Only it's not, really, is it? I can't remember the last time I sat in my lung for a couple of hours. Or my mum in the passenger lung complaining about the smell.

That's why I don't smoke in my house. I'm addicted to nicotine, and I enjoy the odd cigarette, but I don't want my house to smell like an ashtray.

you care more about the car - you dont smoke in the car because you dont want it to smell

you dont care about your lungs - you smoke=slowly killing yourself

i think that describes what he was saying

White clique
SRS?

I'm surprised. having seen your (rather swanky) pad and you driving a nice car, I thought you might be somewhat OCD your car for some reason.

:cool:

i dont actually mind the smoking, i quite like the smell of fag smoke and nice to have the windows open, although i did get a fag hole burned in my roof lining in the 197 which was annoying!

food or booze on the other hand - GTFO.

197 FF Glacier White
I do, but only if I'm stuck in traffic. Couldn't give a flying fccuk what other people think to be quite honest. Anti smokers have had their way, I can't have a smoke in the pub, so back off my cars!

And as for the comment about smokers not giving a toss about their cars, thats one of the most retarded statements I've read on this forum yet, and I've read a few!

It may be a 'risk' on the road, but then so is driving too fast, eating, checking out some crumpet as you drive, changing CDs, etc etc etc. If the Eurocrats had their way we would all drive automatics and it would be against the law to take your hands off the wheel!

I weep for the future!

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Smoking is a no no, i once let someone hang out of the window to smoke in my old car and it still stunk of smoke inside for a week.

Someone once dropped some popcorn chicken from KFC in my car, took me about 7 months to find it when i removed my seats. Amazingly it hadn't gone mouldy or anything!

VaVa
you care more about the car - you dont smoke in the car because you dont want it to smell

you dont care about your lungs - you smoke=slowly killing yourself

i think that describes what he was saying

1) I'm not likely to want to sell my lungs to someone who doesn't smoke when I'm finished with them.
2) I don't share my lungs with anyone else. The same cannot be said for my house or car.

The two are completely incomparable. Nothing to do with caring for a car more than my health. I don't like sitting in a place that smells like an old ashtray anymore than a non-smoker tbh.

No way! I don't smoke and even if i did i wouldn't smoke in my car and i won't let any mates smoke in my car either hate the smell.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
I smoke, but not in the car or my house. Or any other thinking about it, only seem to smoke outside. I even have issues with people getting in my car when they've only just put a fag out.

j26

Clio 197
me and my partner both smoke in my 172 but i told my mates if they want to smoke inside my car and cause a burn they will pay for seat, door card etc to be sorted. luckily nothing like this has happened yet!