ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smoothing holes in tailgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has been covered a few times before, but I'm actually going to do it. Does anyone have a rough idea how much I'd be looking at to get the Clio badge holes welded/smoothed over and the full tailgate resprayed the same colour? Better still, has anyone actually had it done? I know I saw a few cars at FCS with it done.

Cheers :)

I reckon £300 as a very rough figure is about the right price for a decent bodyshop. I'm hoping to get mine done soon (I'm trying to justify it to myself on the basis that the bootlid is the only panel on the car on which the lacquer isn't that great, and there is the tiniest of dents - but in all honesty the lacquer's not that bad and the dent is barely visible. I de-badged it ages ago and am fed up of looking at the two rubber grommets I put in the holes. And try as I might I can't quite get the finish right - in certain lights you can still see the outlines of 'Reanult', 'Sport' and'Clio'.)

I've had a quote for it but it includes other stuff aswell......which is why I reckon that seems about the right price.

Last edited:
300 quid is a little too steep i think! i had a tailagate, front and rear bumper, front wings and side skirts sprayed for £440 at a bodyshop

Yeah they do sound a little high. I was thinking £150 tops. I'll do it myself if it's going to be a silly amount.

You get what you pay for. It cost me 250 a time to have bumpers resprayed. The last one before I sold the car was about 120 and that chipped after a few days . . .

You get what you pay for. It cost me 250 a time to have bumpers resprayed. The last one before I sold the car was about 120 and that chipped after a few days . . .
I had my rear bumper sprayed for £60 and had no problems whatsoever with that. The metal part of the tailgate is smaller in size than a bumper, so complete with the smoothing etc it shouldn't be too costly. £250 for a bumper to be sprayed is ridiculous!

£60??? Get out of here. You either know some people who rob some people or it was a s**t finish!!! Or is that mate's rates somewhere?

So after enquiring with Autolac, just now, about getting my S3 rear bumper sprayed due to scratches, and getting a quote of £250-£300 I call bull s**t, Jamie. Funny enough, to see if there was some difference in size/paint etc he quoted me 140-160 for "a mate's" 172 rear bumper...

So, as I've said, for a decent job be prepared for more than £150.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lolz! £60? I wouldn't even take the bumper off for that!

It wouldn't even pay for materials!

Status
Not open for further replies.