ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SMS without bubbles?

1998 BMW e46 323i
Not really getting on with the conversational bubbles style of SMS, is there a way of removing the bubbles and having a more traditional in/out box? I'm searching cydia just now...

1998 BMW e46 323i
Maybe I will in time too chaps, but if I don't, is there an sms app that'll mimic the email apps style of inbox/outbox?

Storm Grey 200
bubbles are good, as I can never remember what I text them, now I can read it like a conversation. Dont take a step backwards tbh

1998 BMW e46 323i
SMSD apparently does away with the bubbles, but it looks like a proper old ballache to install...

Hyundai i40
bubbles are cool...fact :D

but sometimes mine f**k up and it says there sent an hr later than what they are

133, 182, Kangoo 182
That bolt on doesn't exist.
Does exist, I've had it since I first signed iPhone contract about 2 years ago (renewed not too long ago) and the missus has it on her new iPhone contract since 2 months ago...

Edit - Here you go :)

Picture1.png

Last edited:
Motherf**kers!! It didn't exist when they launched the 3GS so I went the PAYG route. It was available last year. Must be really recent as it wasn't available when my Mum got hers recently!

Letter to o2 coming up..

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Motherf**kers!! It didn't exist when they launched the 3GS so I went the PAYG route. It was available last year. Must be really recent as it wasn't available when my Mum got hers recently!

Letter to o2 coming up..
I don't think they advertise it very well - can't order online and can't do it in store. I phoned up on both contracts and had it added within 24 hours. ;)

You can order it online now.

You couldn't add it in anyway at all previously. They removed the option and said it was never coming back.

Still, it's not actually unlimited texts, I have it on my contract, and when you reach 3000 they start charging you again. Cnuts!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
3000 On most networks including vodafone.

You do realise that's 100 texts a day. That's just ridiculous if you're sending that much,
and somewhat sad.

3000 On most networks including vodafone.

You do realise that's 100 texts a day. That's just ridiculous if you're sending that much,
and somewhat sad.

That's what people without friends say. ;)

Say I'm awake 15 hours a day, 100/15 = 6.666 an hour. That's bugger all lol.

It's not a lot when you think about it. Especially if you have a few convos on the go.

Leigh, he said it was 27k a month.

No idea what the limit was on Orange but I never hit it and I regularly sent more than 3k.

It's not a lot when you think about it. Especially if you have a few convos on the go.

No idea what the limit was on Orange but I never hit it and I regularly sent more than 3k.

Well if that's the case, I'm owed well over £50 from o2 then!!! Will have to dig deeper.

3k is the standard on most it would seem :S Voda's texts and calls are all capped at a "Fair useage" of 3k.

Yup ^^^ it's been around a while. I bought my handset off contract but still had a running o2 contract to finish. Ported it over to iphone and got them to add the text bolt on for the remainder until I cancelled.

Orange is 3k, but I was told even if you go over they won't charge you. May just have a word if your taking the piss month on month.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I just can't imagine sending 100 texts a day everyday of the month.

If you think about it, you woulod be texting while eating dinner or in a bath or out with your missus somewhere.

Something wrong with that.

SMS bubbles are completely logical and work like a charm. Plus, you can copy and paste the text out to anywhere, forward etc. so it's not even limited in its functionality. I like the way MMS is seamlessly integrated, too.

TBH people who don't like the bubbles must be wired slightly differently. In that case, yes. I'm sure there are apps that manage messages more traditionally.

Think that I send about 10 texts a day. Max. And some of those are just a couple of words to mates like "gym?" or "drinks?".

Calls on the other hand, barely get off the damn phone!

Bumder With A Buffer
I cant fathom out how people can send 3000 txts a month!

The time I usually send txts is when im out on the beer and abuse my Spurs supporting mate with texts like "Lay me a jew egg"..."jew" etc etc.

Sont even hit my limit of 500 on the current contract at the mo!

My problem is that I sit at work, get bored so start many convo's with people. Can easily send 15-20 texts to each person in an hour at work.