ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snapped my bloody clutch cable!!!!

White R26/Stripped Valver
As above any one got any tips and helpful pointers on how to make changing it easier, as me and my mate are about to attempt it.

Cheers

Mario

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Buy a genuine cable from Renault to start of with 7700829067 £14.70 + vat. The cable comes with a diagram on how to route the new cable. Will take you about 25 minutes

Thanks guys, just went to renault, but i have to wait till 3.30 till me clutch cable comes in!!!

Could anyone please gimme a few pointers on the best way to aproach getting the new cable through the gromet so i can get it attached to the pedal. As i didnt get a chance to even have a look at it as it got to dark.

Cheers guys

Mario.

Could anyone please gimme a few pointers on the best way to aproach getting the new cable through the gromet so i can get it attached to the pedal. As i didnt get a chance to even have a look at it as it got to dark.
Best idea is to put some string on the old one when you pull if though from the cabin to the engine bay then attach the sting to the new one and pull the new one into the cabin.

Its easy to do.

Best idea is to put some string on the old one when you pull if though from the cabin to the engine bay then attach the sting to the new one and pull the new one into the cabin.

Its easy to do. Just try not take the pedal assembly to pices best way to work in the fottwell is to sit backwards in the seat with your head facing the pedals looking upwards legs on the roof.

Valver
I had mine replaced yesterday and on my way home the travel on the clutch pedal seemed to decrease and now it won't change in to gear properly, crunchin and allsorts. Any suggestions peeps?

hey guys, fitted it to day, its all set up right but the ratchet system isnt working it just doesnt pick up the slack, all that happens is when th pedal is pushed it moves the clutch up no more than a few mill. and matt brown if you are reading this then when i spoke to you i didnt have it set up properly, it wasnt slotted through the rear of the pedal(the ratchet arm). If anyone has any clue or if im doing something wrong please help lol, or if anyone lives anywhere near cheshunt/enfield and know how to do it, please pm me with your mobile number and ill see bout sorting you out a cuppa and a few notes.

Thanks

Mario

hey guys, fitted it to day, its all set up right but the ratchet system isnt working it just doesnt pick up the slack, all that happens is when th pedal is pushed it moves the clutch up no more than a few mill. and matt brown if you are reading this then when i spoke to you i didnt have it set up properly, it wasnt slotted through the rear of the pedal(the ratchet arm). If anyone has any clue or if im doing something wrong please help lol, or if anyone lives anywhere near cheshunt/enfield and know how to do it, please pm me with your mobile number and ill see bout sorting you out a cuppa and a few notes.

Thanks

Mario

The ratch teeth can break just have a look if there broken

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I had mine replaced yesterday and on my way home the travel on the clutch pedal seemed to decrease and now it won't change in to gear properly, crunchin and allsorts. Any suggestions peeps?

I wonder M8, did you buy a new cable from anywhere other than Renault? You MUST get the genuine part otherwise it won't fit properly.

Cheers, Rob669

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00

Thanks

Mario

The ratch teeth can break just have a look if there broken

Did you pass the new cable through the little white plastic loop on top of the pedal? V diff to see it, it's right at the back of the pedal on top.

Cheers, Rob669

Did you pass the new cable through the little white plastic loop on top of the pedal? V diff to see it, it's right at the back of the pedal on top.
I think from memory it had to pass thougha loop I'm not sure its more than 10 minutes ago I did it.

yeah its all looped over and everything, thats why i dont know whats wrong but i will have a look at the teeth 2moro.

had my mate have a look at the clutch and we think its the ratchet system thats gone:dapprove:. Anyone know how much it gonna cost to get it replaced???

Cheers

Mario.

Valver

I wonder M8, did you buy a new cable from anywhere other than Renault? You MUST get the genuine part otherwise it won't fit properly.

Cheers, Rob669

Yep, genuine Reno part. It was fine this morning for about ten miles then went crap again. Reverse is a nightmare now too.

Hey guys, just a quick question anyone know the part number for a MKI clutch pedal? gotta go pick one up from renualt later and i just wanna make sure its the right one.

Cheers

Mario.

Finally got a mechanic to look at my car, mobile mechanics are the way forward lol.....realised it wasnt the clutch rachet that was busted it was just me so he just fitted the cable properly and that was that, so i thought. I go to press the clutch and it feels soft as s**t!!. It was my clutch that was causing the problems all along it just become seriouly worn and heavy, the clutch btw was a group N uprated clutch, going back to an orignal clutch now. But cant get it booked in till next week, been without a car since last saturday night, it seriously sucks.....

Finally got a mechanic to look at my car, mobile mechanics are the way forward lol.....realised it wasnt the clutch rachet that was busted it was just me so he just fitted the cable properly and that was that, so i thought. I go to press the clutch and it feels soft as s**t!!. It was my clutch that was causing the problems all along it just become seriouly worn and heavy, the clutch btw was a group N uprated clutch, going back to an orignal clutch now.

Group N means standard though.

Standard Renault is the best realy.

Finally got a mechanic to look at my car, mobile mechanics are the way forward lol.....realised it wasnt the clutch rachet that was busted it was just me so he just fitted the cable properly and that was that, so i thought. I go to press the clutch and it feels soft as s**t!!. It was my clutch that was causing the problems all along it just become seriouly worn and heavy, the clutch btw was a group N uprated clutch, going back to an orignal clutch now.

Group N means standard though.

Standard Renault is the best realy.

Its the Group N clutch from k-tec, pile of w**k really.