ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snapped spring - Clio 182 with cup packs - HELP

Hi Guys,
I've come out to my clio this morning and its proper on the wonk on the front passenger side, after having a look im going to get two new springs but which ones?
I'm jubious about lowering after my 1.2 clio had a shite ride after so the question is due to my car having both cup packs, do i need specific springs or will the ones on euro car parts be ok.
Was it just the springs that were different with the cup pack or was it the shock and spring?
Thanks in advance,
Luke

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Where are you?

I’ve got a full set of cup pack springs in the garage.

Thanks for the help guys, would be the week when my tax comes up as well!
Where are you?

I’ve got a full set of cup pack springs in the garage.
Bit far from me mate i live near stoke, whats the condition like and how much would you be after?

You'll want Renault OE but the price you'll pay for 2 you might as well get a set of Eibach lowering springs.

Bummer, i was thinking lowering springs anyway, may have to be.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
They were in good condition when I last saw them, with just a bit of flaking. They’re in a box so I assume will still be the same.

I’d take £40 but not sure on posting. Might be able to do it through work if needed.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
45204201-715A-4387-9038-2008C0F65CEA.png

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Decision decisions, the APEX 40mm springs are £98 in the sale, anyone know what they're like??

Get the Eibachs. I had Apex on mine and changed to Sportlines, much better ride on the road.

Bloody hell, i'll have a think then, i'd quite like to go standard but quite like the idea of being slightly lower, it looks better now its snapped and broke :smile: