ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snooper Tigre (speed camera detector)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Forgive my ignorance, is it legal to operate one of these in the UK? I can appreciate it may well be legal to buy it but want to know whether it's legal to actually use it ;-)

Cheers
Rhys

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I may be completely wrong but i think camera detectors are legal (as some sat navs have it built in) but anything that tries to block or jam the cameras is illegal.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Nissan 350z
What JackJack says. You are not allowed to "block" the signal as that is obstructing the course of law, however detecting them is no more illegal than SatNav's that warn you where speed camera's are. The advantage over that is that this is also able to detect handheld guns, or mobile camera vans for example.

http://www.snooper.co.uk/snooper-tigre.html

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What JackJack says. You are not allowed to "block" the signal as that is obstructing the course of law, however detecting them is no more illegal than SatNav's that warn you where speed camera's are. The advantage over that is that this is also able to detect handheld guns, or mobile camera vans for example.

http://www.snooper.co.uk/snooper-tigre.html

and the second it alerts a mobile its got you anyway ....

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Nissan 350z
Not really. You will be surprised how much scatter they create as it bounces off other cars, buildings, bus stops etc. So you often detect it way before you have LOS onto the source.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really. You will be surprised how much scatter they create as it bounces off other cars, buildings, bus stops etc. So you often detect it way before you have LOS onto the source.

Having run various different detectors and on a runway tested them against various police devices I think you would be very surprised ......

You can't beat natural observation when pushing on .

Useful to run trackdays atva police training ground ;-)

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Nissan 350z
How is a massively flat unobstructed runway in anyway a real comparison for a camera van parked 300yards over the brow of a hill?

Im not trying to piss on your fire but ive got first hand experience of using this product. If anything it works too well and i often get too many readings in built up areas which limits its appeal.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is a massively flat unobstructed runway in anyway a real comparison for a camera van parked 300yards over the brow of a hill?

Im not trying to piss on your fire but ive got first hand experience of using this product. If anything it works too well and i often get too many readings in built up areas which limits its appeal.

because now most of the systems used by the police are laser based , they work on line of sight , and use video with them , your detector will tell you you have been hit and the chances are if speeding they got you .

False readings are from radio frequency devises like auto doors etc , very little speed detection nowadays is radar mostly laser . you will detect radar effectively , you will also get pissed off with the false readings ,

your talking to someone who drives 50k miles a year and has many colleagues doing the same we have all tried many different types ...... in fact i have had full systems with effective jammers against laser both front and rear , right up till the penalties for using laser jammers became very stiff ,

I have experience using different systems both here and in germany as i used to live between both countries ......... believe me when i say if a laser based system is active with a decent operator in a well chosen location your screwed ........

the most effective system in the uk and the last one i was caught by is good old vascar ........ and that you will never ever detect or beat !! again as i pointed out , good observation , and appreciation of where your likely to get caught added to local knowledge are your best bet ............... or don't break the law

i know a whole raft of supercar and high performance car drivers , we used to all use detectors and i dont know of a single one who still does , i also don't know one who hasn't in the time they used them been caught .

hey if you want a front and rear laser jammer i will dig them out of the bottom draw and post em too you for free ....... they work very well but auto garage door or not get caught and expect to get utterly shafted