ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snow foam only works on one car?

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Right just washed our cars and used the snow foam, but for some reason it only worked properly on one of the three cars.

On the other two it loosened the dirt but didn’t allow it to be removed with the pressure washer.

any ideas why it would work on one but not on another.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Did they have protection on?
The one it works on was machine polished of some sort before we bought it (never been polished/waxed while we’ve had it), this car is also kept in a garage.

the other two have both been polished by us with autoglym SRP and are kept outside. Both these cars are white althought I don’t really think that makes a difference 😂

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I’ve never used a snow foam which actually cleans the car at all

This.

I've tried a couple and never really got on with them unless the car was really well sealed with something.

I started using it in a pressure sprayer instead of through the lance, seems to work so much better.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Is snow foam really for a cool look factor. Was always under the impression they didn't do much.

Nothing a blast with a pressure washer before hand wouldn't do.

The only real reason would be protection on the car that you feel it worked on.

Personally I'll only use snowfoam/prewash if a car is heavily soiled, it doesn't take loads of dirt off but it certainly softens it up.

This was Avalanche (AF) on my F31, just left to dwell for 5 minutes then blasted off. Not clean by any mean but it did take a lot of dirt off making it a safer wash.

Attachments

• 6953bc3a-653e-4487-a499-029b05c18abb.jpeg
    6953bc3a-653e-4487-a499-029b05c18abb.jpeg
    192.4 KB · Views: 122

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
The only real reason would be protection on the car that you feel it worked on.

Personally I'll only use snowfoam/prewash if a car is heavily soiled, it doesn't take loads of dirt off but it certainly softens it up.

This was Avalanche (AF) on my F31, just left to dwell for 5 minutes then blasted off. Not clean by any mean but it did take a lot of dirt off making it a safer wash.

Avalanche has a small amount of their citrus prewash in.

Works well.

Clio 182
Is snow foam really for a cool look factor. Was always under the impression they didn't do much.

Nothing a blast with a pressure washer before hand wouldn't do.

Breaks down the dirt and less likely to create swirl marks etc like pressure washing. That said, it's not the best if you're only snowfoaming it and not hand washing afterwards.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Bilthamber autofoam is probably the best for actual cleaning power

This ^^^ or candy fluff avalanche is shite on my experience citrus power on the other hand is very good neat or added to foam.