ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snow Leopard +Boot Camp + Windows 7! Any issues?

Revels Mum & Sister
As per title. Just about to install Windows on the Mac. Anyone had any issues does it run ok? Will not be used a huge amount but I need the the option to boot to a Windows Environment. Don't want to use Parallels or anything like that.

The only issues you might have will be driver related. Any driver that works in Vista & 7, should be fine, as you'll just be using the Apple bootcamp Vista drivers?

AFAIK anyway.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
No problem at all. Much better than Vista sh*te.

Why do you need it? Your Mac will hate you for poisoning it.

Revels Mum & Sister
I always run it along side for certain programs, plus the missus needs it from time to time.

Drivers work out the box then, no f**king about?

I'm putting Vista on my Mac this week. I'll only use it for a spot of gaming when I'm not at home. Nothing too taxing though of course.

In my experience you'll have to use the bootcamp drivers from your OSX DVD once in Windows. I tried an XP installation some time ago, and found that the standalone drivers wouldn't install. According to Google it's quite common.

Revels Mum & Sister
Thanks lovelys. Just about to try now. I have run XP on there before it seemed to like the drivers with Bootcamp. But no doubt this will c**k up. Snow Leopard disc is at work as well

Megane
Windows 7 runs fine on my macbook, the only issue I have is my backlit keyboard will not switch off, keys are always illuminated.
It's only a slight issue but hey, it still works.
Just make sure you update the graphics drivers and all the aero effects should work perfectly