ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So the Range Rover wasnt a great buy but, this definately is :/

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Yeh, paid Nearly half that for mine.

Gearbox rebuild
Suspension replacement

Read Ant's thread lol. Oh, & you bought the wrong model really, saloon is ftl ;)
Gearbox i will accept but the suspension issue is an easy and relatively cheap fix (coilovers instead of fitting new audi parts)
I actually prefer the saloon (hence why i bought one) i think they look awesome from the back.

Sorry its not another M3 Dave.. ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Supercar running costs! Components are obscenely expensive! Doesn't appeal one bit.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Supercar running costs! Components are obscenely expensive! Doesn't appeal one bit.

Depends if you have a kid like me and needs the space, many cars I prefer but not prepared to spend silly money for the minute. Mind I am saving in hope for a C7 RS6 next year if the misses will let me.

Mad Cars i echo the comments about ruinous running costs my friends avant is being part ex'd Monday :(

i can't imagine anyone would do a gearbox for 2k having been told what Unit20 & AMD were quoting:lolup:

Last edited:

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Hope it's nice to drive, cause from the outside its uuuugly!

(think people say the same about me ;) )

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
s**t video but couldn't really be bothered to go anywhere that wasn't windy/busy. Really didn't come out properly in the video as it sounds s**t.

Last edited by a moderator:

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
LOL @ Ginger.How are you finding it dude?
I'm loving it. Can't get over how well it pulls at any speed. Quite worrying at how easy it is to get to silly figures.I got 174 miles from £60 (red light came on) which is much better than the RR so this should be a good money saver. Lol

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Aside from CS, I have ebay/PH/AT all open in my browser looking at RS6's and S4's.

ffs Richard!!!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Do it. You know as well as I do they are now cheap enough to be able to sell on or even break for spares and not lose too much if it goes bang.

dont get an S4. Itaunted and basically raped an S4 yesterday. Lol

Either of them would be a great buy. You can get a decent spec facelift S4 for £7k-8k and they are a great drive.

Oh f**k. I just got a quote on one of these for £580, which almost makes buying one justifiable as the difference in fuel costs to the 172 will be offset compared to last years insurance... Just about, maybe...

20k a mile in a year in one is suicide isn't it? Talk me out of it, please?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Course it's not, the last owner of mine did 36k in its last year with him.

Just buy one. A 450bhp+ super saloon (as I know call it) is cheaper than a 2.0 Clio to insure surely proves that it is the better buy. Lol.

​with regards to the gearbox issue which everyone worries about, look here..
http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103244

£3500 supplied and fitted with a 12 month warranty is not the worst thing in the world. I've seen worse repair bills than that.

Last edited:
I just worked out, that it would only be £120 a month more than the Clio cost to run last year. Though that's ignoring tyres, servicing and general Super car running costs of the thing.

Problem is, I can't think if what else I would want that is anywhere near as cheap to insure, other than an S4 which is £50 more lol.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Well the S4 for me was coming in at £1400 so considerably more than the RS6.

these seem to be great cars but obviously you need to factor in the big expensive bits that can/will go wrong but that shouldn't need saying as it isn't exactly a 1.6 Astra.

pretty nervous about Leanne driving it, she hasn't driven for 4 months nearly.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Haha fair play. I think if it was me personally id rather a e39 m5. Hats off to you though

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Course it's not, the last owner of mine did 36k in its last year with him.

Just buy one. A 450bhp+ super saloon (as I know call it) is cheaper than a 2.0 Clio to insure surely proves that it is the better buy. Lol.

​with regards to the gearbox issue which everyone worries about, look here..
http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103244

£3500 supplied and fitted with a 12 month warranty is not the worst thing in the world. I've seen worse repair bills than that.

£3500 for something that can go wrong again in a year???? And you're not bothered about that? Jesus f**k.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Lol at the people saying they are on AT etc looking at them. None of you will buy one so leave it off.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
£3500 for something that can go wrong again in a year???? And you're not bothered about that? Jesus f**k.

Exactly. £3.5k is sort of fine if you are a 'long-term' car owner, but for someone who dips in, tries and then sells, like me (& Rich lol), having the potential for such bork is just mental. M3 was bad enough for me (although R32 was worse FFS), RS6/M5 no ta.

Lol at the people saying they are on AT etc looking at them. None of you will buy one so leave it off.

You are right I won't, but only because I found something else I want more that does better mpg and is still epic and like these much cheapess to insure.

​Getting older is finally paying off!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Exactly. £3.5k is sort of fine if you are a 'long-term' car owner, but for someone who dips in, tries and then sells, like me (& Rich lol), having the potential for such bork is just mental. M3 was bad enough for me (although R32 was worse FFS), RS6/M5 no ta.
If the gearbox goes, it will be sold that day. Ant bought his for a little less than what i paid for mine with a f**ked gearbox so hopefully it wouldnt be too bad. (i know there are loads of variables that could be between our cars but still)

I want to get an exhaust for it but leanne says its a bad idea with a 5 week old lol.

Theduck- ive just turned 24 and i think the insurance is stupidly cheap for me and leannes only 21.

Leon Cupra 300
What's the 'box like? In mine it's very good, runs locked all the time when it's warmed up etc, feels really direct and I really don't miss a manual..

These being an older design I'm imagining them to be really slushy? Or is it pretty good?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Do it. You know as well as I do they are now cheap enough to be able to sell on or even break for spares and not lose too much if it goes bang.

dont get an S4. Itaunted and basically raped an S4 yesterday. Lol

Either of them would be a great buy. You can get a decent spec facelift S4 for £7k-8k and they are a great drive.

With 120bhp more I would hope you raped an s4 lol!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
With 120bhp more I would hope you raped an s4 lol!

Bit more than 120 lol.

The box is great, really smooth and not notchy at all which I was surprised about.. The difference when you put it in sport mode is great, completely changes how it reacts.
As you say, it won't be as good as say a 1 year old dsg box but I think it's good for a 10 year old car will 500bhp+.

If the gearbox goes, it will be sold that day. Ant bought his for a little less than what i paid for mine with a f**ked gearbox so hopefully it wouldnt be too bad. (i know there are loads of variables that could be between our cars but still)

I want to get an exhaust for it but leanne says its a bad idea with a 5 week old lol.

Theduck- ive just turned 24 and i think the insurance is stupidly cheap for me and leannes only 21.

fair play. I'd not long bought my 197 at that age!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Bit more than 120 lol.

The box is great, really smooth and not notchy at all which I was surprised about.. The difference when you put it in sport mode is great, completely changes how it reacts.
As you say, it won't be as good as say a 1 year old dsg box but I think it's good for a 10 year old car will 500bhp+.

well a c5 rs6 is 444bhp stock and a b6 s4 is 334bhp stock, in fact mine made 330bhp on Mrc rollers that makes it 114bhp difference in stock forms with fresh engines etc.... So in fact it's a bit less than 120bhp "lol"

S4 Avant
well a c5 rs6 is 444bhp stock and a b6 s4 is 334bhp stock, in fact mine made 330bhp on Mrc rollers that makes it 114bhp difference in stock forms with fresh engines etc.... So in fact it's a bit less than 120bhp "lol"

This ones been mapped I think ;)