ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So this pops and bang remap, could some explain in laymans's terms.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
What do I need, costs etc?

I believe there is 2 versions?

Gattling gun version and the toned down one?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm guessing won't make the car any louder? Just pop.

Do I need a simple remap, or an RS tuner etc?

Now Sold :-(
When driving along the exhaust note is no different. The pops and bangs occur when you come off the throttle. Unburned fuel is dumped directly into the exhaust where the heat ignites it creating the pops and bangs along with the occasional flame out the back end. I believe JMS have a map that only dumps the unburned fuel in if you come off the gas above 5k rpm so it does nothing different to standard when normal driving around town etc. As stated JMS offer a map with pops and bangs and suspect others will do the same.
I would have a go in a car with it fitted if i were you as it is pretty loud.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I know how it works, hm are the bangs really that loud then? Didn't soud to bad on the video. About 5k i wouldn't mind anyway.

Black Clio GT
decat and put fuel in on overrun via the mapping process.
flames and bangs result as the unburnt fuel ignites in hot exhaust, cool yet a little chavvy :)

Now Sold :-(
I followed one of the lads off here who has the JMS setup. I thought it was pretty loud. Very cool but not sure I could live with it every day. Personal choice as with everything.

clio 172
I have put this map on my car with an rs tuner this week and there has been a good performance increase (remap) and obviously really amusing bangs when warm i would recommend this mod if you are not shy. i will be putting up a vid at the weekend

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
The exhaust I have on there now is no louder than standard, don't mind loud bangs above 5k.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
What i want to know is, do i drive to JMS pay them how much??? and my car is done.

Or do i need a RS tuner, then buy the maps, again how much? And if i do that can i revert to standard map as and when i choose?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
If you can now do it off an RS tuner, do that, even i managed to remap the cup, and i'm a computer r****d

monaco 172
What i want to know is, do i drive to JMS pay them how much??? and my car is done.

Or do i need a RS tuner, then buy the maps, again how much? And if i do that can i revert to standard map as and when i choose?

if you drive to jms for it done its about 180.

You can do it with an rs tuner on 172's but not 182 yet as the map isnt availbable. And rs tuner will cost you 100 second hand, new lisence 50, pops map for 172's £20 so about the same as going to jms

The overrun maps that we developed with Henk are designed to only make their presence known above a 4.5k cut off, meaning during daily driving you will rarely activate it.

The pops and bangs are generated, as already discussed, through a combination of mapping features - however it is completely safe and has no impact on your MPG etc.

A decat is a must (as the overrun feature will break down and damage the cat cells) and an non OEM exhaust system is also preferable.

There should only be one version avaliable, as the first development map we experimented with did not have a cut off point (and as a result was just simply to much.)

A dieppe product
Your 172 sounds awesome Tom,but the other people who haven't vci firm 178-181 vci can't do anything, or it works?It's a question I have a few weeks ago..thanks

Over-run it's great :D

172 ph1
any vids of this? how does the car not use any more petrol if its chucking it into the exhaust un burnt? or we talking just a slight drip?

172 ph1
forget about my last post that jms vid on youtube is class haha wheres jms? might be chucking some money their way ?

172 ph1
hmmm bit of a drive from newcastle lol it sounds good but wouldnt it make the cr run alot hotter with it running really rich? an nnot run very smooth?

Does this overrun map use more fuel than the generic 172 map from Fastchip?

I want pops and bangs, but dont want to lower my fuel consumption at this moment lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Will use more petrol because it's dumping a small amount down the exhaust.

clio 172
It may use a little more fuel but it's worth it, i also found that the overun map produced alot more torque than the generic 98 map

monaco 172
The pops only occur at over 4.5k rpm anyway so if your revving your car that much then you cant be too worried about fuel consumprion lol.

BG182®
Had the over-run map for 3 months now and MPG has not changed the slightest.

You get crackles and pop's and you also get a few big bangs too. I'ts also confirmed by friend thats it spits a good few flames after a vigorous boot. I'm running mine with a silent decat now and it's still just as loud. Only difference is I can cruise the motorway without a drone to my ears.

A dieppe product

You get crackles and pop's and you also get a few big bangs too. I'ts also confirmed by friend thats it spits a good few flames after a vigorous boot. I'm running mine with a silent decat now and it's still just as loud. Only difference is I can cruise the motorway without a drone to my ears.

NO VIDEO,NO PARTY xD

Ahh thats good then! I dont really do many motorway miles, so dont really worry about that!

The pops only occur at over 4.5k rpm anyway so if your revving your car that much then you cant be too worried about fuel consumprion lol.

But regardless of the revs, wouldnt it still be dropping that extra bit into the exhaust to try to create the "pops and bangs"?!

Will use more petrol because it's dumping a small amount down the exhaust.

Are we talking loads of fuel here? or like 0.1mpg off my usual weekly tank? lol

Im tempted after seeing a couple of vids, but dont want to see my MPG drop quite a bit.

Also, if I get it, then decide I want my old map on, can you reload it on with the RStuner without having to purchase again?

PH1 172
Unless this has been sorted out already I apologise in advance.....but I really think it's unfair that new maps for the RS Tuner can't be loaded on because you need the new firmware version because people on here have paid good money when the RS Tuner came out and now those early birds have a useless bit of kit when it comes to remapping :(

S'trollin on size 7s
The overrun maps that we developed with Henk are designed to only make their presence known above a 4.5k cut off, meaning during daily driving you will rarely activate it.

The pops and bangs are generated, as already discussed, through a combination of mapping features - however it is completely safe and has no impact on your MPG etc.

A decat is a must (as the overrun feature will break down and damage the cat cells) and an non OEM exhaust system is also preferable.

There should only be one version avaliable, as the first development map we experimented with did not have a cut off point (and as a result was just simply to much.)

beat me to it lol