ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Socket for 172 Head Bolts?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Think it is E14 but cant remember off hand TBH as both our cars are now on ARP stud and nut instead now so I havent used the standard ones for a while.

Make sure you really keep the socket pressed down well as you undo them, they are rubbish and the spline part of the head can snap off even if you do that but even more so if you dont, at which point you have to get the drill out!

Last edited:
  330i. E30 Touring.
Think it is E14 but cant remember off hand TBH as both our cars are no ARP stud and nut instead now so I havent used the standard ones for a while.

Make sure you really keep the socket pressed down well as you undo them, they are rubbish and the spline part of the head can snap off even if you do that but even more so if you dont, at which point you have to get the drill out!

This!