ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Socket sets..

I got a Halfords Professional 150piece set for £99 when they had 1/3 off last year.

Great quality, only had 1 extension bar break so far, due to missuse on my part but they swapped it over fine.

1.8 8v RSi
i got one from argos £29 (mechanics tool set)....has everythin you will need for college. half the sockets in the one u showed u wont need....except maybe an extension....otherwise it deppends how much u can afford to splash out on...

golf
just need a good quality set as iv cracked a socket on my existing cheapo one so when i get paid tomorow im going to order that drapper set as they seem to be good quality

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
I have a Draper 1/2 drive like the one you have linked to Ebay. They are excellent value for money. I bought mine off Ebay too.....

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AKtive-Too..._W0QQcolZ2QQdirZ1QQfsubZ2263921QQftidZ2QQtZkm

collected mine in person and got 20% discount.....as well as a 1/2 torque wrech for £15 with 25% discount.

I've had my Draper 1/4 drive set 20 years and it's as good as new still.
With me having a Renault I don't suppose i'll be using them much:eek:

1.8 16v clio
try draper vortex i was selling blue point by snap on 77pc sets for 99 quid they a top quality if you can get one cheap

Nowt wrong with Draper Expert, both my socket sets are Expert and i give my tools some abuse, plus s**t loads of other Draper expert tools, dont' touch the normal range tho

MINI Cooper S
I have had a few socket sets, mainly cheapish ones though (because work are tight b******s)... anyway bought a 150 piece halfords pro one for £85 (was on offer for £99 and i got my mate who works there to get me it on staff discount :) ) for home use, and its the best one i have ever used... lifetime guarantee too

CB600FS
Wouldn't bother getting that set as your paying unnecessarly (sp) for silly Imperial sockets that you don't need/will never use.

machine mart

clarke pro series

very very very good value for money and super tools

Word. I got a 1/4" drive set from there just for the sockets/extensions and just bought a Snap-On 1/4" ratchet off eBay for £15. Used it every day for the last 2 years.

Lionel Richie
yeah with sockets from 8mm upto say 21mm at least

draper expert is ok, not my first choice, whatever you get make sure you get lifetime warranty on it