ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Soft Top Cleaning

Titanium F/F 182
In the coming weeks I'm about to have a bash at detailing at mates MGF. What can I use on the hood? Its black so I want something that wont fade the material or leave discolouration anywhere.
Any ideas?

106 GTi
Depends what the hood is made out of some are mohair and you cant use most things on them.

As Above Autoglym do a kit, as do 303.

Convertible Care

I would not use Fairy Liquid myself. Maybe try some Autoglym Interior Cleaner if anything.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
fairy liquid contains too much salt, it would dry the hood out. A very bad thing if its vinyl, and if its a mohair job, it would leave stains that looked like my bed sheets on a sunday morning...

182 has now gone!
Sokett said:
In the coming weeks I'm about to have a bash at detailing at mates MGF. What can I use on the hood? Its black so I want something that wont fade the material or leave discolouration anywhere.
Any ideas?

I had a MG TF before I got my clio.. mine had a blue roof that was a bit faded when I bought it.. I used the autoglym cabriolet kit and it bought it up quite well, you get a sponge to use with the cleaner then a protector to spray on afterwards to help reduce fading and help with rain beading...

Hyundai coupe
Chemical guys Fabric clean then apply some fabric guard to give it some protection from the elements