ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sold a car it broke buyer wants a refund

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Prick I sold a car to on here wanted a refund a few days later because I had to have the rear bumper re-sprayed when I rubbed the armco at Snet, which I didnt mention in the ad, but why would I? It had no bearing on the condition of the car, if anything it was better than it would of been as the bumper had fresh paint on it. He was going to take me to the police apparently, he wrote it off in the end.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Prick I sold a car to on here wanted a refund a few days later because I had to have the rear bumper re-sprayed when I rubbed the armco at Snet, which I didnt mention in the ad, but why would I? It had no bearing on the condition of the car, if anything it was better than it would of been as the bumper had fresh paint on it. He was going to take me to the police apparently, he wrote it off in the end.
Take you to the police ?

Haaahahahahahaha!!!!!

PH2 172
DVLA ? amazing that they can still dob you in if you forget to pay £2.50 Dart charge though.

Confidentially, my arse.

Clio 182
Tell him to suck your c**k..........

And mine whilst he’s at it.
I can imagine if I don’t get a letter with a court summons I’m pretty sure il hear of him again as he’s sure it’s my fault.........somehow

Land Rover
Why not offer him £200 as a gesture of goodwill?
Then at least he won’t become your enemy.
Tell him about the cheaper quote you got to do the job.

Clio 182
Why not offer him £200 as a gesture of goodwill?
Then at least he won’t become your enemy.
Tell him about the cheaper quote you got to do the job.
For one I don’t have £200 and secondly it’s not my car and I just don’t think I should be liable in anyway shape or form.
He’s driven that car to its death unfortunately he’s going to have to pay the bill!
He can be my enemy all he likes
Thanks for your input though :)

Clio 182
Then he will be back round next week with another problem !
Also if I did offer that I’m automatically the guilty party as I’m admitting I’m also to blame.
I don’t know what he’s done to the car in the 5 weeks He’s had it all I do know and I’ve mentioned it a few times is that I’ve seen him driving not only fast but dangerously as well overtaking in a 30 at rush hour and blasting through red lights! Sorry he’s only got himself to blame.

Clio 182
That will encourage him to do it again to the next person. Just a basic scam attempt really.
That will encourage him to do it again to the next person. Just a basic scam attempt really.
Personally I dont think it’s a scam as I have spoken to our mutual mechanic and he has been in and the car does have a head gasket problem so I think it is purely because he can’t afford the bill so he’s using this “leak” that I apparently knew about as a way of pointing the finger and getting half the repair bill paid for.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Personally I dont think it’s a scam as I have spoken to our mutual mechanic and he has been in and the car does have a head gasket problem so I think it is purely because he can’t afford the bill so he’s using this “leak” that I apparently knew about as a way of pointing the finger and getting half the repair bill paid for.
Just the way it works sometimes..

The 182 I bought off here destroyed a battery and an alternator within 2 days of ownership.

Was it sold with a fubar alternator and a new battery? Who knows. Once I bought it, my responsibility and you take it on the chin as a second hand car.

Don't pay any part bill as that's accepting that you sold it with a problem in a way. Sold as seen as everyone else has said. Just be firm but pleasant about it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Get him to use this.

Attachments

• 65E58646-8FBC-4F9F-A6EA-1D8C7FF46D1E.png
    65E58646-8FBC-4F9F-A6EA-1D8C7FF46D1E.png
    2 MB · Views: 125

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I agree it's his problem after 5 weeks, all I will say is sold as seen appears to be a bit of a myth like goldfish only have a two second memory

Clio 182
I agree it's his problem after 5 weeks, all I will say is sold as seen appears to be a bit of a myth like goldfish only have a two second memory
It’s like anything you buy a second hand toaster you use it for 5 weeks it goes bang. You cannot go back to the seller and get a refund it just doesn’t work like that.

fixedgear

ClioSport Club Member
If he wanted consumer rights he should have paid more from a dealer. Sounds like he has no money to afford the car. People think buying second hand cars is the big expense, they're wrong. It's the maintenance and repairs on a motor which is beyond it's lifecycle.

Clio 182
If he wanted consumer rights he should have paid more from a dealer. Sounds like he has no money to afford the car. People think buying second hand cars is the big expense, they're wrong. It's the maintenance and repairs on a motor which is beyond it's lifecycle.
That’s exactly what I tried to explain to him he paid 1800 for a cooper s with 80k miles fully loaded in very good condition only one tiny rust bubble on the boot lid, a garage would have easily put it up for around 2,800 but you pay that large premium for the piece of mind that in the event of something going wrong you have rights! It’s a classic case of him wanting his cake and eating it.

I wouldn't bother entertaining the fool any further. He bought a car privately, has no come-back whatsoever, knows that yet is trying his luck.

Tell him he can have a refund when hell freezes over.

I've sold cars in the past and had them phone me up a week or month after with whatever problem it's developed (overheating Ford Probe, and a Focus that wouldn't start). They all just went away after I told them tough titties.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I had this when selling a £350 Ford b*****d Focus. I mean £350 is less than a weeks wage

He tried threatening my mum on Facebook even though he drove it like a ballbag off of the drive and she had nothing to do with the sale either. Proper daft c***s and it’s the one thing I hate about selling a car, it’s the spastic t***s that always end up buying them. He tried telling me he’s a mechanic but couldn’t tell the difference between an oil feed and a drain and was one of them nonces that had his hand in his legs 24/7. I wonder if he’s still trying to find his knob

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I had this when selling a £350 Ford b*****d Focus. I mean £350 is less than a weeks wage

He tried threatening my mum on Facebook even though he drove it like a ballbag off of the drive and she had nothing to do with the sale either. Proper daft c***s and it’s the one thing I hate about selling a car, it’s the spastic t***s that always end up buying them. He tried telling me he’s a mechanic but couldn’t tell the difference between an oil feed and a drain and was one of them nonces that had his hand in his legs 24/7. I wonder if he’s still trying to find his knob

FLOL at plastic gangsters !!

one of them nonces that had his hand in his legs 24/7. I wonder if he’s still trying to find his knob
I don't understand this phenomenon.

Why do such tracksuit-wearing chavs always have one hand down their tracksuit bottoms?

Are they keeping their c**k warm with their hands or keeping their hands warm with their c**k?

Or are they just pretending like it's someone else touching it, because no-one actually wants to??

Clio 182
I wouldn't bother entertaining the fool any further. He bought a car privately, has no come-back whatsoever, knows that yet is trying his luck.

Tell him he can have a refund when hell freezes over.

I've sold cars in the past and had them phone me up a week or month after with whatever problem it's developed (overheating Ford Probe, and a Focus that wouldn't start). They all just went away after I told them tough titties.[/QUOTE 5 weeks is a long time to have a car and still think the previous owner is at fault anything can happen in that time.