ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sold The 182

Sold the 182 yesterday after 18 months of enjoyment from the car. Going back into a CTR, which is what i had before the 182. Opted for the CTR Premium this time. Picking it up on Saturday, can't wait!
Cheers to all you guys on the site for making my 182 ownership an ever better experience.

P.S.

I'll be seeing you.......in my rearview mirror!

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
what made you go for the ctr Adam?

63646-1.jpg

I've got black ones in mine ;)

Ad

MK2 FRS
Sport182 said:
Think a CTR will be my next car. That or a Cupra R

What is the "premium"?

premiun is identical to the anniversary but on the facelift. the seats are black and red and not all red as on the anniversary. Thats about it. (extras are, tints, recaro upgrade, MOMo steering wheel, aircon)

Ad

MK2 FRS
polarbert said:
what made you go for the ctr Adam?

63646-1.jpg

I've got black ones in mine ;)

seats are awesome I have to agree.

If you look in other marque mate "Ive joined the darkside" the reasons are in there. I was close to buying a RSclio again.... but then saw this....

Lux'd Glacier White R26
They are awesome mate. I need to test drive one. Or do i wait for the Type-RR? Was that not appealing to you Adam?

Tyson.

Tyson-182 said:
They are awesome mate. I need to test drive one. Or do i wait for the Type-RR? Was that not appealing to you Adam?

Tyson.
Type RR is not confirmed. Looks like it will be early 2007 before new Tyre R is available, thats why i bought another one of the current model. Think i'll move from the premium into the new model in about a year. Can't wait utill i pick up my new CTR on Saturday, i've missed it in the 18 months i've had a 182 in between. It's been fun but i don't think the Clio really compares to the CTR in any way.

Compares equally in performance and has more gadgets if you get the full fat also can be a more practicle car as you can fit 5 people in the Clio (squeeze) and only 4 in the civic plus mpg is better on the Clio, ok Honda is more reliable but my brothers smells and smokes like a diesel which I keep asking if there is something up with it but both his have done it so i guess its what you get for reving to near 9K.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Tyson-182 said:

Tyson.

I needed something to replace the golf as I wasnt happy with that. i am a little unsure of the new Civic's look. Im sure it will grow on me like the new clio will.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Gaz Sport said:
Compares equally in performance and has more gadgets if you get the full fat also can be a more practicle car as you can fit 5 people in the Clio (squeeze) and only 4 in the civic plus mpg is better on the Clio, ok Honda is more reliable but my brothers smells and smokes like a diesel which I keep asking if there is something up with it but both his have done it so i guess its what you get for reving to near 9K.

Mine doesnt smell or smoke excessively:S the MPG is not that different for most people. civic is 4 people in comfort. ask Ben_p we were in the back of my mates clio, and comfortable it ws not.

Really it is taste and preference.... I loved my clios, but it was flawed, by the build and the horrendous customre service. However, CTRs were significantly more expensive and I accpet that.

Clio 172 mk2
Thing that put me off the CTR was the steeing and the power/torque-rpm....still a great car though and highly respected.

BMW Z4 3.0i
Of course it's a type-R, I knew I'd kick myself! Type-R was the only real other choice I was considering when I got my 172. I don't know if I made the right choice. It came down to paying about £2k extra for the civic, which I have now lost and more in greater clio depreciation. I'm sure it'll cost me even more in two months when my warranty runs out.

I've seen them close up but never sat in one. Is the driving position more comfortable? Can it really seat 4 people comfortably? Is nice to drive at normal speeds compared with the clio. Clio is quite bumpy I find but it pulls well without hammering the engine for everyday driving. I've seen CTR's for £10k now, I'd have to find £4k to "upgrade". :/