ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

solenoid

Im thinking of smoothing the tailgate on mine, and i know u have to fit a solenoid thing to open the boot etc, but what r they? how much and where will it be located?

A solenoid is a sort of tube with an electrically activated magnet on the inside (if Im not mistaken). It will have a long cable protruding from one end which is tugged when the solenoid is activated, thus opening the lock which you connect to the end of the cable.
I fitted one myself when I had my tailgate smoothed, basically I used an existing hole on the inside of the tailgate and drilled another to keep it horizontal then attatched the cable to the locking mechanism. It came with a button which I fitted to the dash. Fitting is pretty simple, routing the cable to the dash not so, so take your time. If I remember rightly I paid roughly €54 for the lot.

Ned