ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sollution for bad steering?

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
Can this be the problem? Look at the gap of the rubber. It's the same at both sides of the car. When I drive a few meters, the gap can be on the other side

Attachments

• wp358dee04_0f.jpg
    wp358dee04_0f.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 41
  Ph2 Clio 172
Definately does not look right, should be tight against the bulkhead. Can you hear knocking when driving?

My advice would be to make sure the top mount nut is tight for a start and see if that cure the problem ;)

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
No nocking, but little shaking. Thought it could be the wishbones and balljoints, but when I looked at this!!

Thats Ok what the problem?

It mves since thats the shocks and the wheel moves up and down moving the shock angle.

Lionel Richie
no the rubber top cap MUST NOT touch the chassis, if it did you wouldn't be able to turn the steering

Ph2 Clio 172
My mistake if they arent supposed to touch, only had the car a couple of weeks.

Sure about this though? top mount nut should be pretty tight!

Lionel Richie

100000000% positive

doesn't need to be that tight either

get a mate to turn your steering wheel while you look under the bonnet at the top mounts, then you might believe me! ;)

Tweaked Leon Cupra R

100000000% positive

doesn't need to be that tight either

get a mate to turn your steering wheel while you look under the bonnet at the top mounts, then you might believe me! ;)

sit on the engine block and hold on while he drives it though.. we wouldnt want no un-necessary tyre wear now! lol (sorry, bedtime for me)