ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some help and advice needed (itbs)

So I'm very close to ordering some ktec dth itbs and gen90 ecu for my 182 , what hp could I expect on stock cams ?

What cams would u advise for this set up , the car is mainly used for fast road drive and the odd track day

Thanks for your help

53 Clio's & counting
From ktec's website:

Gains in power of +30BHp and increased torque of +15 lb/ft can be expected

Thats about right for a stock engine.

Cams are a personal choice but i'd be looking at Schricks or 421's for a decent (ie noticeable) gain

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
421s all day long.
To be honest though, it will be a very good improvement with stock cams

421s all day long.
To be honest though, it will be a very good improvement with stock cams
That's what I want to hear :) I know the peek power is nothing and it should be much more drivable on the itbs , I take it the engine will still be knock limited on 97 Ron fuel ? Il be doing the mapping my self I've mapped manny turbo cars and only a few na tho not on itbs ,so looking forward to it

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Mapped mine on 95 ron. Shouldn't be knock limited at the top on decent fuel, but will be more so low down. Last one I did made better power at 26deg than 28deg. Are you road mapping or dyno?

Mapped mine on 95 ron. Shouldn't be knock limited at the top on decent fuel, but will be more so low down. Last one I did made better power at 26deg than 28deg. Are you road mapping or dyno?
That's what I wanted to know thank u , it will be road mapped then il tweek the timing on the dyno after , from the info I've seen on the net and going by what u have said around 26deg is the magic number lol and if I can get away with 95 Ron it would be even better too

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
reverse of what I'd do to be honest. Road is the last bit to just have a check and tweak IMO. You can do all the dyno stuff in a couple of hours if you get good, and you're used to the software. (I'm not that fast!)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
it's advanced software. If you've used map3000 (omex) before then you'll be familiar with a lot of how it works, but there's a hell of a lot more there if you look.

Typical ignition mapping screen....
420747_315759908477837_464852269_n.jpg

I'm about to use omex for the first time next week on a kit car with a c20let also with itbs , I'm used to link haltech and apexi
Thanks for the screen shot to man

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 87
  53 Clio's & counting
Tbh Dan mapping is new to me, I know a little bit but willing to learn - I'll grab some pics next time I have the software on as I'm not sure how many different types of software there are for the ec1