ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some info needed

Clio 172 ff
Right, i'm new to the renault scene. Usually a ford boy i'm used to many different parts off other fords fitting different fords however this doesnt seem the case with renaults? Looking for some lowering springs for my clio sport 172 ff. Would say eibach mk2 1.2 16v springs fit on my car? Or are they different to the 172 springs?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Think they will physically fit, but will be crap to drive, just buy eibach 172 springs?

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
I believe they are the same as I bought some from K-tec for my 1.2 16v and when they came there was nothing on the box that said there were model specific. It says, will lower upto 50mm. I believed they would fit all ph 2 inc 172 as the drop was around 45mm. If these are fitted to a 172 the drop is around 25-30mm.

Clio 172 ff
So they wont fit? I'm only askin as a mate is sellin some eibach 1.2 springs for cheap and i wondered if they would fit? Some1 must know for definate?

Da

Less
The rebound rate will be all wrong as your car is far heavier than a 1.2.
Physically they will fit yes, but they were never designed for a 172.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
The rebound rate will be all wrong as your car is far heavier than a 1.2.
Physically they will fit yes, but they were never designed for a 172.

It's very odd that they fit every other clio...1.4 to 2.0 ...petrol & deisel and list seperate set for 1.2....strange.