ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some more GT

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Been getting used to a Nikon D40 i just got, so took some pics of the car. Pretty w**k but as i said just havin a play to get used to it ;)

DSC_0045.jpg
DSC_0044.jpg
DSC_0043.jpg
DSC_0042.jpg
DSC_0041.jpg
DSC_0040.jpg

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Lowered with bigger wheels and that would look mint.

(When i say bigger I mean 17 at the biggest and something OEM)

Just imo ofcourse

Shed.
Some spacers wouldnt go a miss. Fantastic little car mate and i bet it has a little bit of poke too !!

How old are you then ?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Im 16, 17 in a few months. And it just ticked over 500 miles. So my mum gave it some welly, very nice. My mum's a bit of a rally driver when it comes to backroads in the evening. Added respect for her and the clio this evening, followed some boy racer in a RenaultSport Megane and over took her ;) Noiiicee. But yeh, i'll be driving this when im 17 :) cant wait, just counting down the days now.

As for the suggestions, yeh i think some coilies and wheel spacers are a definate must buy

EDIT: Just realised this evenings "spirited" drive down country lanes etc. may mean I've gotta clean a fly graveyard off the front. :(

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Whats the power like once you open her up?

It's pretty good! It's no 200 cup but 130hp is a good amount of power for the car :)

Thanks for the kind words lads ;) Just did a really crap photoshop of it lowered (for an idea) and it looks incredibly better. I would post it but I'm embarresed about it ;)

Edit: Mmmm Nervasports. But i was thinking Team Dynamics 1.2's in graphite IF i change the wheels, although i really like these (they are 16" after all)

White Sti Hatch
Still dont like the Ph2s at all ! 200 in Black yes but all the rest NA !

Deck it on Coils, 25mm spacers, 16" Canasts n youll be fine....just search for my thread ! :rasp:

White Sti Hatch
Actualy forget the Coils get it Mapped ASAP ! as it f**king dier for a 1.6 as it is !!!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Still dont like the Ph2s at all ! 200 in Black yes but all the rest NA !

Deck it on Coils, 25mm spacers, 16" Canasts n youll be fine....just search for my thread ! :rasp:

Haha love your mk3 ;) as i said i shop'd it to see how it would look decked on coils. Its gotta happen, it makes it look so much better! Like it should have when it left the factory tbh. Im hoping i can just use mk3 ph1 stuff, and they havent changed the suspension some how. Otherwise finding coilies is gunna be annoying :( What ones have you got out of interest and were did you get em from?

EDIT: Cant get it mapped, the dealer and i was talking about things i can do to it without voiding warrenty. And although mapping it wont, as soon as it goes in for a service they reset the ECU which wipes it off apparently :(

Additional: The 1.6 engine is just fine thank you :) if i could afford the insurance on a 182 then i'd get one but for a first car this is the quickest thing i can afford to insure :)

White Sti Hatch
Haha love your mk3 ;) as i said i shop'd it to see how it would look decked on coils. Its gotta happen, it makes it look so much better! Like it should have when it left the factory tbh. Im hoping i can just use mk3 ph1 stuff, and they havent changed the suspension some how. Otherwise finding coilies is gunna be annoying :( What ones have you got out of interest and were did you get em from?

EDIT: Cant get it mapped, the dealer and i was talking about things i can do to it without voiding warrenty. And although mapping it wont, as soon as it goes in for a service they reset the ECU which wipes it off apparently :(

Ive got the Weitecs on mine got them from K-Tec, you going to FCS ?

LOL Bulls**te ! Get one done from Henk using the RSTuner and if they do clear it off then you can just slap it back on yourself free of charge !

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Ive got the Weitecs on mine got them from K-Tec, you going to FCS ?

LOL Bulls**te ! Get one done from Henk using the RSTuner and if they do clear it off then you can just slap it back on yourself free of charge !

You do know how to make me happy :p Im guessing your car was still under warrenty when you did most of your mods? And I really want to go to FCS might see if i can get my brother to take me! Havent been to rockingham yet either ;)

White Sti Hatch
You do know how to make me happy :p Im guessing your car was still under warrenty when you did most of your mods? And I really want to go to FCS might see if i can get my brother to take me! Havent been to rockingham yet either ;)

Oh i try.....Coils were done under warrenty n i went in for my Dephasor Pullie n they said jack all about it, n it wasnt like i was only on springs where you cant notice the dro it was trailing its arse around !

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yeh thats cool. And as for the space for the wheels. Well i can actually fit my head under the rear arch and the front has a little less but still enough for some slammin to be happnin ;)

Its the 133bhp twingo gt engine, only with 128bhp. :S Dont ask me why.

White Sti Hatch
Yeh thats cool. And as for the space for the wheels. Well i can actually fit my head under the rear arch and the front has a little less but still enough for some slammin to be happnin ;)

Its the 133bhp twingo gt engine, only with 128bhp. :S Dont ask me why.

Its the most Gutless thing ive ever drivin ! Mines only 111Hp standard feck knows what it is mapped as it dosnt fit on rollers ne more but fells much better to drive !

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Ours was but its ticked over 500miles now and is much better. Great laugh on the backroads. Although with my mums driving i end up having to clear the massive fly spatter on the front :(

Dont jump to conclusions mate i have drivin a GT :nono: Do you think id be saying its a Gutless car if i hadent drivin one in the first place ????

i didnt relise surey you would have said at some point :S an surely you would have had something to say about the steering or handling ? no offence ment

Last edited:
  Mk3 1.2
Leave it as it is, dont ruin a perfectly good car imo ;) Enjoy it mate.

Totaly agree, leave it standard. Especially as your going to be fronting on your mums insurance. They will get suspicious when a middle aged woman sudenly starts declaring mods like ECU remaps and Cloilovers. Definitely keep it standard and mint. Its in the best colour aswell.;)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Totaly agree, leave it standard. Especially as your going to be fronting on your mums insurance. They will get suspicious when a middle aged woman sudenly starts declaring mods like ECU remaps and Cloilovers. Definitely keep it standard and mint. Its in the best colour aswell.;)

Plus the added insurance costs. Might just save the money and get myself a little track b**ch project ;)