ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

some old guy wrote my car off

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Not to worry wasnt the Vee, was my 306hdi in immaculate moonstone blue, which i loved to bits.

I was sitting in traffic at a junction and looked in my rear view mirrror and saw a jag coming towards me BANG!! Oh well looks like i have to do 600miles a week in the Vee.

th_02062008006.jpg

th_02062008005.jpg

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
oh he also made me smack into a Range Rover infront.

why because you should have been far enough back to not hit the guy in front

so the 4x4 will claim off you then you have to claim off the guy behind that hit you its just the way it happens. as remember its guy behinds fault and you were one of the guys behind

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

so the 4x4 will claim off you then you have to claim off the guy behind that hit you its just the way it happens. as remember its guy behinds fault and you were one of the guys behind
Bull. Been in this situation before, it'll be claimed off the jag's insurance.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Unlucky dude, it's even worse than I was expecting given what you told me on the phone.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Unlucky Fella... Claim the extra Fuel Costs aswell if you can as the Vee will not get 640 miles out of a Tank

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

Whats is a correct distance to be behind a car? I was hit by a car which pushed me forward whether it be 5m or 50m , not much i could have done to avoid it.

dont be silly

unlucky mate, never nice to see, have to pick up another runabout to keep the vees miles down

Whats is a correct distance to be behind a car? I was hit by a car which pushed me forward whether it be 5m or 50m , not much i could have done to avoid it.

erm hand brake your supposed to apply it after a certain time at a junction to stop you moving if you get hit from behind

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

erm hand brake your supposed to apply it after a certain time at a junction to stop you moving if you get hit from behind
So the hand brake would stop you moving when your hit at that speed from behind? He'd to drop a bleedin anchor!!

so your sayin that a handbrake would be a cure to stop a ton of car plus force from moving... u havin a giraffe?

the guys had a crash lad, leave it out, u seem hell bent on always puttin a downer on stuff!

so your sayin that a handbrake would be a cure to stop a ton of car plus force from moving... u havin a giraffe?

the guys had a crash lad, leave it out, u seem hell bent on always puttin a downer on stuff!

im sorry it was just they way it was when i took my lessons and when i was hit from behind never mind

VX220 Turbo
the only way you'd get shafted for this would be if you had illegal tread on your tyres or a faulty handbrake. seen that happen before other than that the jag's insurance will pay for it all.

BMW M4; S1000 RR

Bull. Been in this situation before, it'll be claimed off the jag's insurance.

And I've seen it happen as McBunny says...

It's down to the insurance company really.

Some will indeed say that it's the guy in the middle's fault for being too close. I'd imagine it depends on the speeds involved.

If it's a 10mph shunt then there would be no question the guy in the middle could've prevented from going into the car at the front.

Whilst if it's a 50mph crash, even if you leave a few metres like you should, it's obvious the guy in the middle couldn't do anything to stop going forward.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
im thinking audi A8 with LPG and a trophy? if i sell the vee, immense comfort + pleasure

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Shame about the 306 mate, i'm after one of them at the moment... great cars.

I also wouldn't mind getting a car to run on Veg/Sun oil also, whats the best ones that can cope with it?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
IIRC older diesels cope better (to do with the injectors), so the td is better than the hdi for running on veg oil

Family Bus
My dad works for Accident Exchange - they deal with non fault claims. Pm me if you want the number - they provide a free (usually very nice) courtesy car and do everything for you, from the accident claim to a whiplash claim!

Poor you!