ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

some old guy wrote my car off

Elise/VX220/R26
yeah unfortunatley I would put money on the forward shunt been a claim on yourself m8. Unlucky.

clio 182 black /gold
Thats nasty. When i was in a 3 car shunt, i was the middle car. The astra i hit was unmarked and the golf which hit me was almost undamaged but my corsa had lots of damage. it was off the road for a month.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I miss my old 306 HDi. :(

Cost absolutely feck all to run. Went on forever on Diesel.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Unlucky lad. Shame as the Pug seemed to be very tidy too :(

He must have been going at a right speed.

Ph2 172 Cup
Bad luck mate - not your fault.

Like most are saying, it will all be on the Jag. If you think about it you're insurance company would rather take the Jag guy to court and reclaim all their costs ('cos they will win) than pay out a bean.

Simple physics tells you you can't be responsible, if someone were to hit you from behind at 60 how far do you think a car with handbrake on would move? Well over 10ft I should think - so unless you leave a massive gap what can you do.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I hate how some people immiediately post things like "Shame it'll be your fault on the insurance as well" - obviously just trying to put the boot in to make you feel worse. I just don't get the mentality of that at all. Why deliberately try and kick people when they're down?

Good luck with it all mate, hope it all goes as smoothly as it can :)