ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some people can't drive for s**t!

mk2 1.2 16v
Went out to my car earlier on to discover this:

DSC00650.jpg

DSC00646.jpg

DSC00647.jpg

DSC00648.jpg

DSC00645.jpg

Got a nice big scratch down the drivers door plus my newly colour coded side strip :mad:

Happened right outside my house, no note or anything left though predictably.

I have my suspicions that it was some doddery old man in a battered up red micra I saw having difficulty reversing in the street as there is red paint left in the scratch. Cant prove anything however so looks like I'm going to have to fork out to have it repaired :(

What are my options for getting it sorted and how much am I likely to be looking at?

Cheers,
Graham

a burnt one
Re: Some people can't drive for s**t!

If the old man lives in your street inspect his micra for paint which belongs to you.

Well it's black so you should get away with only having the door painted. Also an excuse to get the rub strip done properly. My best words of advice for you are DO NOT take it to a cheap bodyshop.

Hope you get it sorted soon mate, any chance you'll see the micra again?

gutting, looks as though it should actually polish out, i had a simialr incident with my old one

BG 182 FF
from looking at the pics you may able polish it, but whoever has done it still needs to cough up some money imo

mk2 1.2 16v
Nah he doesn't live in the street. I think he was lost and so went to turn round and head back out of the street which is when I saw him taking about 10 atempts at it (though at the time he was nowhere near my car).

Don't know for sure that it was him and doubt I'll ever find out tbh.

Most of the scratches aren't that deep so going to have a go at polishing them out on my next day off, the couple of big ones at the top I can feel are pretty deep though so doubt I can do much with them. The side strip looks like its going to have to be re-done as well as its scratched right back through to the plastic.

182 Cup
When I got hit my car was scraped all the way down the door, all the scratches polished out though just leaving the dent, it looked a lot worse than that too. Hopefully it will come up ok!